American Nightmare

Sam and Dean were on a case in Mason City, Iowa where a woman named Olivia Sanchez had walked bleeding into a church, with her body shaking as blood dripped from her hands and feet. She had been being whipped by an invisible presence, speaking in tongues, before she collapsed at a priest's feet and died.

Amara and I were in the bunker with Aiden in the library.

Amara was holding Aiden, feeding him baby food.

Aiden was smiling and gurgling.

I was sitting at my laptop, with my phone on speaker so that we could hear Sam and Dean.

"So, Father Valdecantos said that Olivia was a good person," Sam told us. "He watched her get flayed alive by some invisible force. Says it was the Devil's work."

"Did he see any black smoke?" I asked.

"Uh, no," Dean answered. "No smoke."

"Sulfur?" Amara asked.

"No," Dean answered.

"No, but he did say that Olivia was speaking in tongues, that it sounded like Hebrew," Sam told us.

"What did she say?" Amara asked.

"Prok yaw-thi a-law-haw," Sam answered.

"That's not Hebrew," I told them. "That's Aramaic."

"You know Aramaic?" Amara asked in surprise.

I nodded.

"Your mom knows everything, Amara," Dean told her.

"Pretty much," Sam told us.

We chuckled.

"What does it mean?" Amara asked.

"It means, 'Save me, oh, God'," I answered.

"Save me from what?" Amara asked.

I shrugged. "Only one way to find out. But, no sulfur means no Demon."

"You think the padre's right?" Dean asked. "We talking about Lucifer here?"

"Little small-time for him," Sam told us. "I don't know. Maybe a rogue angel?"

"No, no, no," I told them. "I just talked to Cas. Well, good news, uh, there's nothing on angel radio. And Heaven's still on lockdown, so rogue angel is out."

"Bad news?" Amara asked.

"Cas is chumming it up with Crowley," I answered.

Amara frowned. "Hmm."

"They're hunting Lucifer together," I told them. "That's right. One's an angel, one's a demon, and apparently, they solve crimes."

"Are they having any luck?" Sam asked.

"Kind of," I answered. "So, Lucifer, the lord of evil, angel of light, is now the master of butt rock. He jumped into Vince Vincente."

"The rock star?" Sam asked.

"The douchebag," Dean told us. "Guy used to roll with purple hair down to his butt and a spiked codpiece."

"It--it was the '80s," Sam told us.

"The what?" Amara asked.

Sam chuckled. "Uh, it was the '80s."

"What, are you defending him?" Dean asked.

Sam sighed. "No, I'm not... I mean, his third album was kind of... not horrible."

"I hate you so much right now," Dean told him.