The Ceremony

This is a Brother Bear Fanfiction, I don't own any of this. Except for my OC.

This chapter will be long! Get ready :)

Yuka's Pov

The rest of the day was filled with laughter and fun. We finally arrived back to our tribe with a lot of fish in the basket, ready for the ceremony.

"Finally done! Now we can relax." I told to the brothers.

"Yeah! And I can't wait to get my totem!" Kenai said happily while smiling brightly. I couldn't help but smile at him, he can be annoying at times, but he's such an awesome little brother.

Once we got back, the children began to circle Kenai.

"Yay! Kenai is back!" They said. "Kenai, are you excited about getting your spirit rock today?" The girl asked him, Kenai laughed as he put the fish into the basket. I stopped walking and listened to Kenai talking to them.

"It's not a rock. It'll be my totem." I could detect the hint of smugness when he said that. The children oohed and I looked at them with a light smile.

"Hey, Yuka!" I heard Denahi calling me.

"Hm? What do you need Denahi?"

"Nothing... Just really wanted to know why you were smiling at us earlier when we went fishing." He asked me with curiosity. I sighed with amusement because they haven't figured it out yet. I was going to tell him why, but we heard everyone cheering about Tanana's arrival.

"Come on!" Said Sitka getting our attention. I laughed at Denahi's frown as he was close to getting his answer, I flicked his forehead and followed Sitka.

"Just make sure it's tied up." Denahi told Kenai before he started following us too.

We ran up and made it just in time for the ceremony, we cheered and bowed down when Tanana threw the torch towards the wooden post making a fire. Then a little girl appeared behind Tanana and was picked up by her.

"When each of us comes of age, the great spirits reveal to us a totem that helps guide us through our lives." She started. "some of us use courage to guide us. Others, patience." As she said that, she handed the little girl back to her mother.

"And some of us, beauty." She said while stroking her hair. I chuckled at that comment, Denahi and Sitka heard that and looked at me with an amused expression.

"Kenai..." She called, making Kenai stand up quickly and approached her excitedly. "You nervous?" I barely heard it.

"Whew. Excited!"

"Ooh, you should be. It's a good one." Tanana told him while picking up the totem that's wrapped up. "Kenai I have been to the mountain where the lights touch the earth, and the great spirits have revealed to me your totem. To become a man, your actions must be guided by one thing. Your totem is..."

I looked excitedly at both Sitka and Denahi and they did the same to me. I hope Kenai will like his totem.

"Love."

I looked at Kenai knowing exactly what his response will be.

"What?" He asked, "Yes. Love." Replied Tanana while putting his totem around his neck, Kenai looked at his totem carefully.

"The bear of love?" Kenai looked back at us making me and Denahi laugh. Since Sitka was sitting in the middle of us, he elbowed the both of us attempting to make us stop laughing.

"A love that connects and unites all living things." Tanana said.

"Who wants to trade?" As soon as Kenai said that, Tanana grabbed his head and hit him.