Chapter 2

Chapter: The ruins

Toriel is leading me through the ruins, and she's killing every monster we come across. What have I gotten myself into? Anyways, after a little while she leaves me alone in a long hallway. "I'll be back my child! Try not to die!" She cackles and then walks away.

"Alright Flowey, you can come out now. She's gone" I whisper to Flowey who has been hiding in my backpack. I'm surprised that the backpack survived the fall down here. Flowey then pokes his head out of the backpack to check if she's really gone. He let's out a sigh of relief once he sees that she is. She agreed to let me take him along with me, but he's afraid of her so he wanted then stay in my backpack. Who can blame him though? He's been through a lot by the looks of it.

"Alright, let's think of a plan to get out of the ruins. Quickly I would suggest"

"Well I was thinking that maybe we could try to soften Toriel up and then convince her to let us leave!" Once I've said this Flowey just laughs at me.

"Her? Softened up? Hah! Yeah, that's not happening"

"Well I don't see you coming up with any ideas"

"Hey! I'm thinking..."

"Yeah, sure you are" as soon as I say this, Flowey gets flustered.

"Let's just think of something already......."

"Fine, maybe we-" I'm cut off when a Froggit jumps in front of me. Froggit approaches flashes across my field of vision. "Aw, look at the little guy! He's kinda cute!" I say as I inch closer to the Froggit.

"N-no Y/n! He'll-" Flowey is then cut off when the Froggit attacks me. "He'll attack you....." he then finishes.

"Ow!" I exclaim, "I've learned my lesson then" my HP then drops down to 18/20. HP? Is that supposed to be my health, like in video games?

Hm, well I've got to not die, but I don't want to fight it! So, I spare it. The Froggit just stares questionably at me and then attacks.

This time though, I dodge his attacks. Flowey starts cheering me on from where my backpack lies. He can be pretty annoying sometimes, but he can also be kind of adorable. The fight keeps going. Me sparing him, the Froggit attacking me. After a while, he finally gives in. Once he's been spared by me for the final time right now, he hops away. I take this moment to rush over to the flower sitting in my backpack.

"You did great out there! Maybe you'll be able to do that to Toriel! And you wouldn't be able to die, you would be able to keep using your save files!"

"Wait what?! What save files?!"

"Well you have a red soul, red for determination. All of the determination in your soul allows you to use save files and to reset the timeline"

"So.....like a video game then?"

"Basically"

"Alright, so does that mean that I've also got limited lives?"

"As far as I know, you have unlimited lives"

"And I have this power because I'm determined?....."

"Yes, now can we please get moving? I don't want to be down here any second longer than I need to"

"Fine Flowey, let's get out of here then" I say as I sling the backpack over my shoulder. We exit the ruins, sticking together like the duo we've become.

 We exit the ruins, sticking together like the duo we've become