Chapter 13

Hello, everyone!

I am so so sorry that it has taken me like three weeks to update. School is so stressful that I just can't focus on anything else. I hope you understand and that you will still read this story.

Speaking of reads, I feel that this story has not gotten very many. I know that it takes time for a story to develop and become more popular, but I feel like only three people read this (KristaLovesJian , Polaroid-Larry and lilly_nugget ) To me, it's not worth it to take the time to write this story if only three people are willing to read it. I've been checking the progress on reads and for the past week or so, the number has been stuck at 1.53K reads. If no one reads this anymore, I will have no choice but to discontinue this fanfic. I love writing it, but it's hard to find motivation when you're writing to no audience.

Anyways, enjoy the chapter to anyone who still reads this.

Word Count: 1664

PS: The picture I attached is a hint for what will happen in the chapter. 

PPS: There will be a lot of POV changes.

~~🙃~~

*Harry's POV*

I stand before him with my mouth wide open. I can't believe his own mother would do something like that to him. Mothers are supposed to love you no matter what. I feel terrible for him. I feel like it's my fault. If I had never come into his life, none of this would've happened. 

"Louis, I am so sorry. That's awful. It's all my fault. If I had just left you alone, this would've never happened," I apologize guiltily, finally finding my voice.

"It is most certainly not your fault. You couldn't have predicted something like this happening. Besides, no matter how she would've reacted, I'd still want you in my life," he assures me with a genuine smile.

"Thank you. You should've told me. We could've worked something out," I frown disappointingly.

"I know. You're right. I'm sorry," he agrees shamefully, hanging his head. 

I sigh sadly, feeling bad that I made him upset. I didn't mean to do that; I was just making a point. I'm sure it was difficult to tell me and that he was only protecting my feelings. However, I still want to make our friendship work. We've fought too hard to reach this point only to let it go to waste now. With that in mind, I take his hands in mine, causing him to look up at me in surprise.

"I know you're scared to be my friend because of what your mother will do, but please don't go. I don't want to lose you," I plead softly.

He stares at me for a few moments as if he's trying to decide what to do. I really hope he'll still be my friend. Despite what he's done to me, I've grown to admire the person he's become over the past month or so. He's still learning, and I want to be there with him along the journey. 

Finally, he takes a deep breath before opening his mouth to respond.

"Okay, but this has to stay a secret from my mother. If she even hears something that sounds like your name, she'll kill me," he nods.

"Thank you so much!" I cheer, hugging him excitedly.

*Louis' POV*

I feel butterflies swarming around in my stomach as I wrap my arms around him, his chest pressing against mine. Even though I've been ignoring him for the past thirty days, I still thought about him everyday. If anything, my feelings for him have grown since then. I know we just agreed to be friends, but I really want to find a way to make him mine.