>>Two<<

~AJ~

After my shift was over, Ethan and I went back to my place. When we got in the first thing he said was:

"The thing about the coffee shop girl is, she doesn't necessarily make herself look like the super model stereotype that most girls do nowadays," Ethan is my best friend, but once he gets onto the topic of something he finds fascinating, he won't shut up about it.
"Her name is Levi," I correct. "And that's kind of what I admire about her,"

It was true, she was somehow different. She'd been through pain, she's practically faced death itself. Yet, somehow kept smiling through the rain.

I've only had one conversion with her, so I don't have much information to base this theory upon, but I place all my bets that she has an interesting background. She's interesting, different, somehow special. To me at least.

"How could possibly admire her? You've hardly known her an hour. Last night you didn't even know she existed but now your speaking as if you know her whole story,"
"I do know her whole story. She's a cancer survivor." I explain.
"There's more to her than that, there's more to a survivor of a terminal illness than their illness itself,"
"Something's wrong. Your starting to sound smart." I joke and he nudges my shoulder lightly.

There is more to Levi, more to her than just a pretty face at a coffee shop. I'd like to get to know her, see her mask slip and her soul without the smile.

"You could ask her to go with you to the movies or something," he shrugged.
"Like on a date? I would, although that was presumably the completion of my seeing her again,"
"Maybe. Or, there's the possibility..." he paused for dramatic effect, it wasn't working.
"Finish the thought," I laughed.
"Or there's the possibility that she left her phone number on her napkin," he confirmed and held up a scrunched up napkin with black ink printed along one of the corners, I quickly grabbed it.

"What's it read?" Ethan asks.
"AJ, thanks for the hot chocolate. Here's my number 4628-123-827. Levi x."
"Dude! She did a kiss!" I rolled my eyes.
"She probably does it to everybody. Friendly girl,"
"Would you call her?" He asked.
"Perhaps. I don't want to come across too forward."
"But you are," he pointed out and I laughed, after that we played retribution - which had been our favourite video game since we could talk - then Ethan went home, I still had a couple of hours until my parents came home. So I decided to call Levi, she picked up on the fourth ring.

Levi: "Hello?"
Me: "Levi."
Levi: "I see you got my napkin,"
Me: "An exceedingly wonderful gift,"
Levi: "My pleasure,"
Me: "So, I'll see you at the coffee shop tomorrow?"
Levi: "Maybe. Although, yes would be a strong assumption,"
Me: "Great. See you there,"
Levi: "Bye,"