Chapter 6

The car ride over was quite peaceful. It was nice feeling the wind blowing against my face and letting my hair flow. My hair. That was a bit of a problem. It was too long for this kind of work. Easy to grab, just like what happened back there.

"Hey. Do we got scissors?" I asked Sam as he was driving.

"Yea. In the med kit. Why?" He responded.

"You'll see." I said hopping in the back and grabbing the scissors from the med kit. My hair was already pulled back in a pony tail so all I did was snip my hair off. I laughed a little when I brought my hair in front of me, looking at the bunch of hair in my hand. The hair that almost got me killed had it not been for my father. I snipped a little bit more and cut it quite short.

I tossed the hair off the side of the cliff we were driving on and hopped back in the front seat.

"You like it?" I asked, running my hand through my now short hair.

"Oh, wow. Yea it looks nice." He said, ruffling my hair. He smiled at me before looking back on the road and driving. I relaxed, closing my eyes as we made our way to the tower.

We finally made it to the tower. Luckily there were no Shoreline dudes. Of course, like all the other towers, Joseph Farrell's sigil was on the floor. We looked around for what felt like forever but no luck.

Sam got his phone out and called Sully, putting him on speaker. "Sam. Hey. Are ya'll okay."

"Yea. Just searched our tower. Got nothing." He told him.

"Yea, well, we're definitely in the right place. Make your way over here." Sully's voice beamed through the phone.

"Are you serious? Okay, we're on our way." He said smiling at me. We then started climbing down the tower as fast as we could and hopped in the Jeep. When we did Sam got a text.

I took his phone and looked at it. "It's from Uncle Nate. It's a picture of some sigils." I tell him.

"Here. Let me see." He said, looking at the picture for a second. "Call him." He said, handing me the phone. I put it on speaker and called him.

"Hey, you still in the tower." Nate asked when he picked up.

"Just climbed back down. What's with the picture you just sent?" Sam responded.

"I'll fill you in later. For now, just tell me who's who."

"The dolphins are Richard Want." Sam started.

"The trident is Joseph Farrell." I pitched in, making Sam smile.

"And the two hands with the pearl is William Mayes." Sam finished.

"Alright, great. Stay where there's good reception. I might need ya'lls help again."

"Did you find the treasure?" I ask, excited.

"No, not yet. But I got a mechanism to solve here; I'll let you know." With that the call ended and we just made our way there.

A couple minutes later Sam got another text. It was another picture of sigils. I started typing 'Left to right: Edward England, Tariq bin Malik' I stopped. "Who are these last two?" I asked Sam, showing him the picture.

"The third one is Yazid al-Basra but I've never seen that monkey one before." I nodded and finished off the text. 'Left to right: Edward England, Tariq bin Malik, Yazid al-Basra. Neither of us have ever seen the monkey sigil before.' I sent it to Nate.

Again, minutes later we were sent more pictures but of these little Earths. They didn't quite make much since though. I showed them to Sam as well. He immediately made since of them.