Chapter 7

Sam had made me go with Sully and Elena. He didn't want me to get hurt and said he needed time alone with his brother. Elena actually sewed up my shoulder, which we probably should've done in the first place, and made some kind of bruising medication for my back. It was an overnight medication. We ended up staying in a motel not too far from Sam and Nate's. Elena and Sully needed their space from Nate but I hated having to stay away from my dad. They kept telling me to forget about it and just go to sleep but knowing my father is alive and having to stay away from him sucked.

 Elena and I were sharing a bed while Sully was sleeping in the other bed on the other side of the room. "Billi, honey, lay down. You need to get some rest. The boys will be fine. They always are." Elena said, her eyes still closed and turned away from me.

 "What if they get hurt, or worse?" I mumbled.

 "They won't. I promise you, they're gonna be okay. They're big boys who can take care of themselves."

 "I know. It's just... I worry that I'm gonna lose what are already have. I don't want to lose Nate. I don't want to lose my dad, I just got him back. I'm just worried."

 "You don't need to worry. Just lay down and get some rest. Everything will be okay in the morning."

 "I-I need a smoke." I said, not thinking and grabbing a pack of cigarettes from my bag and lighter before heading for the door.

 "Smoke?" Elena questioned, sitting up and looking at me.

 "I'm sorry. I just..." I didn't finish and went outside. I sat on the curb, lighting up the cigarette and taking a puff before hearing Elena walk outside.

 "What're you doing?" She asked, closing the door behind her and walking up behind me.

 "Relieving stress." I responded.

 "With that? I think not." She said, going to take the cigarette away from me but I wouldn't let her.

 "Sully let's me." I chimed.

 "Oh really? Well, why don't I just wake up Sully and see what he says."

 "That's not necessary." I said, taking another puff.

 "No, no. It is." She smirked.

 "Okay, okay. He doesn't like it when I smoke. It's just... It's my only way to relieve stress. It's better than my other way I used to do."

 "And that was?" She asked.

 "Stealing prescription drugs and taking handfuls of them. Almost died once actually. Sully didn't know that was why though."

 "Jesus. Well, I guess this is a little better but that doesn't mean you should do it." Elena said.

 "I know, but... Well for now it's my only coping mechanism. When everything is over I'll stop but, just don't tell anyone, please."

 "Fine. But as soon as everything is over you're done." I nodded. With that she sat next to me as I finished off my cigarette. Guess she didn't trust me not to wander off. I really couldn't blame her. After finishing the cigarette we both headed back inside and went to sleep. Well, more so restless sleep.

 I woke up to rustling around the room.  It was both Sully and Elena packing up but more so what seemed like in a hurry. "What's up? Is everything alright?" I ask.

 "Those boys can't make it on their own. Not this time. This is too big for them to be handling by themselves and both me and Elena agreed to go help them." Sully informed me. I smiled, jumping out of the bed and immediately grabbing my gun holster and strapping it on, loading my gun and sticking it in.