I - The Awakening

The strong pain in my head woke me up abruptly.

I struggled opening my eyes and when I did, I was face down my bed. Sunday mornings were a bitch.

Oh, wait. This was not my bed.

I raised my head as I tried to recognize the place I was in. It didn't look at all like my hotel room in the Carriage House. This looked so much bigger, fancier and a lot more expensive. I was alone in the King size bed, although it looked like I didn't sleep by myself. I was also totally naked and because of my sore hips I knew I had sex. I had sex with someone whose face I didn't remember, nor his name.

"Jesus Christ" I murmured to myself.

What in hell I got myself into? I wanted to get up and walk out the room to find someone, but I was so afraid of what I might find that I wasn't brave enough to do it. Instead, I covered myself with the bed sheets. My mouth felt dry and I knew I needed urgently an aspirin because my head was killing me big time.

I was about to go get some water when I heard someone open the door and enter wearing only a towel. He had another towel covering his face while he was trying to dry his black hair with it. The guy was so packed that you would have wanted to lick those abs. I saw a pair of tattoos in each arm, and I found them sexy as hell. I always wanted to hook up with a marked man, I find them so attractive. Not that this guy's tattoos were all rock 'n' roll and stuff, but they were soft and not so big, like they really meant something.

Then he uncovered his face and my heart raised its beating .

"Oh, hey. You're awake" He murmured.

And because of his low voice I could feel that he was somehow tense and moody. I sat up in bed covering myself quickly, not being able to say a word.

"How do you feel?" He asked again, trying to break the awkward moment.

"Like shit" I said. The first thing that crossed my mind. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to sound like that" He tried to smile.

"Don't worry, I feel like shit too. I needed a shower" I knew he was trying to make pleasant the moment that was as uncomfortable as shocking to me.

"I can't believe this" I blurt, and he frowned. "I think I'm going to be sick" I commented keeping my eyes away from him. "You're Joe fucking Jonas" I said. More to me than to him, but I saw him rolling his eyes.

"Still fangirling, huh?" He asked.

I didn't answer right away. Instead, I went inside my mind trying to find memories about last night with Alex in our fourth night in Vegas... but I found none.

"Okay, so—" he started "About last night, I have my lawyers working on it and I'm hoping that doesn't cost my place in the band"

It was easy to notice that he was not in his best colors. I didn't know this guy at all, but you could realize he was moody and a bit indifferent towards me.

Idiotic much? Yep.

"Hum, I'm sorry. You can get fire just because you slept with a girl?" I asked kind of worried.

Wasn't that personal? I mean, people have sex all the time and it's their business with whom they have it, right? You don't have to explain that kind of thing to the people you work for, or do you?

"Just because I slept with a girl? What?" He frowned "Do you even know what happened last night?"

"I—" I didn't know what to say.