Chapter 1

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Adriana High. Yes, I know, it's an unusual name. I've heard. I am 17 and dropped out of high school due to bullying when I was 16. I ran away just after my 17th birthday. After all, I had my license, enough money for a small apartment since I had been saving all my life since I had been bullied all my life.

Now I live in a bigger apartment, not big like a family could live there, but there were two rooms so... Well, this pretty much sums everything up... Except my job at the diner, I work night shifts, that's as simple as it gets.

Anywho, I was just on my way to the diner, when a guy forced me up against the wall.

"Hey, baby. Ain't it too dark for you to be roaming around by yourself?" A deep voice said, biting his lip, his curls brushing against my face.

"Get off of me!" I exclaimed, pushing him off as I said the word 'off'.

"Aww, c'mon babe. I was just trying to have some fun."

"Don't 'babe' me. I don't even know you. I'm going to be late for work, now. Thanks a lot, bitch." I spat at him, kneeing him in the crotch as I walked off.

I looked back and saw him groaning in pain, but who gives a fuck right? I mean, he did try to rape me.

As I walked into the diner, my other coworkers looked at me.

"Your late." Andrea said.

"Noted." I simply reply, walking to the back to check in.

One of my other coworkers came in.

"Hey, you have, uhm, a bit of dirt on your back..."

"Aw, what the hell" I turned around so my back was facing the full body mirror and surely, there was dirt on my back.

Bloody hell. Whoever that bitch was pushed me up against a dirty wall.

"Thanks, can you dust it off?" I turned back around so my back was facing her.

As she finished dusting my back off, I put on my apron and picked up my notepad and a pencil. I went back out, not even starting a conversation with anyone and just did whatever needed to be done.

Soon enough, a guy walks in. I feel as if I know him...

I get one menu and show him to his seat.

I come back after a minute or two.

"Hello, I'm Adriana and I will be serving you today. Would you like to order a drink?" I said, looking at him.

I swear I know him, but I just don't know where from...

"Uhh, I'll just have water thank you." A raspy deep voice spoke

Oh no. This CAN'T  be happening. Did he know I'd be here?

No, that's crazy. But what if he did?

"O-okay. I'll be back with your water." I said, walking over to Andrea.

"H-hey... Do you know that guy?" I pointed towards the guy with the green eyes and curls.

Wait, CURLS?

No no no no no!! This can't be happening.

"Hello?" She said as she tried to get my attention, me realizing I got lost in thought.

"Nevermind." And just like that I was getting his water and not talking to anyone unless it's about food.

I walked back, stopping in front of the table. "Ready to order?" I asked, getting my notepad out.