The Non-Info Broker

I had to stop being an info broker. It made sense, I guess, but it was going to be hard. Info broking was all I knew how to do. I'd done it since high-school and now I suddenly had to stop..

I told my self it would be worth it in order to get Shizuo to love me, but sometimes I was doubtful.

"Izaya wants to work at Russian Sushi?" Simon said, towering above me with cautious eyes. "What are you up to?" He said in a low Russian grumble.

"I've stopped being an info broker." I said and smirked. It hard not to be an asshole to Simon. It was just so easy. "I'm trying to better my life."

"Better your life?" Simon repeated and let out a thunderous laugh. "What's really happening, are things getting too heated for your liking?"

"I'm bored with it. I've ruined too many people." I whispered. I then took a flier out of Simon's hand and caught the attention of a young woman.

"Do you like Sushi? This place is the best in all of Tokyo." I purred and gave her a slight smile along with the flier. I watched her cheeks redden and she giggled slightly.

"Well, I was a bit hungry." she said and walked inside the restaurant. Piece of cake.

Suddenly I was picked up and squeezed into a tight hug. "IZAAAAYA YEAHHHA" Simon bellowed and slung me around. "YOU WORK HERE NOW."

After being accepted for the job, I started immediately. Woman were flocking to Russian Sushi. I even attracted a few men. Men such as Masaomi. He was still wearing his yellow bandana around his neck. He walked up and studied me.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asked with a slight chuckle. He was so damn cute when he was trying to seem cool.

"I'm doing my job, little one." I said and passed out another flier. "Simon's pretty happy with my people skills."

Behind me, Simon was crying tears of joy while watching woman after woman walk through the door. He was mumbling "happy happy" under his breath.

"Your job?" Masaomi said and put a hand on his hip. "Last time I checked, your job was to make gangs beat up innocent teenagers and also.." He stopped and blushed.

"If you want to get beat up that bad, my dear Kida, I can still make it happen." I said and walked closer to him. "I can also make that other part happen too. Take your pick."

Masaomi looked upset. He knew he couldn't beat me and no matter how strong his hate was, he still found himself attracted to me. It was adorable. I got his little girlfriend sent to the hospital and now he's like my slave. Just one awful thing after another.

Then I stopped myself and turned away from him. "I have to get back to work, Kida. Go away." I had to stop messing with Masaomi. I had to stop being mean. Shizuo would never love me if I kept ruining a kid's life. It was time to say goodbye.

I could hear Kida shuffle around awkwardly. "did I do something? I'm sorry if I came off as too mean.." he mumbled.

I didn't care about Kida's feelings. I just knew that if I looked at that cute face again, I'd find myself in an old alley with my lips on his.

"Kida, I can't mess around with you anymore. I've done enough to make your life hard and I'm done. Go live your life with your friend and your gang. I'm sorry I ever got involved with you."

"Orhihara--"

"--Goodbye, Masaomi." I interrupted then I walked inside to get more fliers.