2.4

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Jack: Monday, 18 December
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

I was allowed to leave by the next day, although Mark was not. So I poked my head into the room where he slept, the nurses said they figured it was alright if I went in.

He was sleeping and would look like an angel if his face was not bruised with a slash across his left cheek. His body was in the same condition, there was a cast on his left arm as well as a brace on his left knee.

I watched him sleep for a moment, I missed being able to see Mark even if it was only for a few days. Mark was so incredibly kind to me the entire time I knew him and I had to live with the fact that I was nothing but terrible.

I picked up his fingers that poked out of the cast and ran my thumb across them. I heard him groan and I immediately froze when he opened his eyes.

"Fuck.." he muttered before he turned over and looked at me. "Jack?" I smiled and gave a nervous wave and he smiled too, as if he looked relieved to see me. "What are you doing here?"

"Well.." I began walking around the bed over to Mark's "better side" before sitting down on the edge of the bed to face him. "They let me go, and I thought I would come see you." Mark nodded his head. "Mark?"

"Yeah?"

"I-I'm.. Sorry." I took a deep breath and released it slowly. "I was a total ass, you treated me so well and I replayed the favor by.. Treating you so terribly. And I'm sorry. I really don't deserve you forgiving me, and I don't blame you if you don't. I did something really terrible but just know that I never wanted to hurt you." I let out a sigh. "And.. I never had sex with you with the initial thought of winning a bet with Emily. We made the bet before I knew anything about you. I know that's still wrong but I shouldn't have gone through with it still. It should have never crossed my mind." 

"It's okay." Mark said quietly as he readjusted himself, he looked like he was in a lot of pain and in all honesty, I felt really bad. 

"It's not okay." 

"Alright, it's not. Is that what you wanted to hear?" 

I let out a sigh. "There's nothing I want to hear." 

"Not even that I love you still?" Mark asked and I felt my body tense up, he sounded so sweet and innocent and I was mentally punching myself in the face, I never deserved anyone like Mark. he was charismatic and everything I had ever wanted in a person and everything I wish I could have been. "I was mad, but I think I'm over it. I could have died and I would have never have even told you how much I care about you."

"Did you, hit your head or something?" I asked and it made Mark laugh before he coughed and groaned in pain. "A-Are you alright?!" I immediately panicked and it made Mark look like he wanted to laugh some more. 

"I fractured two ribs, so yeah it kind of hurts." Mark admitted. 

"I'm so sorry." 

"Why?"

"This is my fault if I was less of an idiot then you never would have been out driving in the first place and then we never would have -"

"Jack."

"What?"

Mark smiled. "Shut up."

"W-What?" I muttered.

"I said shut up," Mark repeated. "I don't want you blaming yourself for what happened, it really is not your fault at all. It was just a weird accident that fell at a weird time. We're both alright, and that's all that matters, is that everything is okay." I nodded my head before laying in the cramped space next to him, I wanted him to be at home in his bed even if I wasn't there with him, none of this hospital crap that he was being forced to endure.