1.1

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Jack: Monday, 5 December
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

I was afraid to walk into Mark's classroom, after all, he had been very serious with me all day. When I walked in, I didn't see him at his desk, but rather he was standing at a shelf. Rearranging the text books that were in it. I shut the door and he finally looked at me. "You can go sit over there, I'll be a second."

I nodded and walked over, I watched the muscles in his back move as he took out stack after stack of book. He looked them all over and put them back in the shelf. I watched him the entire time, eventually he walked behind the desk where I was sitting in his normal seat. He grabbed a chair and when I went to stand he put a hand up. "You can stay." He told me and sat down in the plastic chair.

"What did you want?" I said quietly.

"I wanted you to tell me what was going on today." He shrugged his shoulders as if it was obvious. I took a deep breath, there was no way I could just blurt out the plans that Emily and I were making. After all, I would automatically lose if I did that - and I couldn't lose.

"We made a bet." I shrugged my own shoulders as I refused to make eye contact with him. "And I can't lose."

"What happens if you lose?" Mark asked.

"Then I have to tell the headmaster that I actually have been stealing Emily's papers and bullying her into doing my work, so she deserves my grades. I'll get kicked out of the school probably and she'll get compensated with my grades." I shrugged.

"What happens if she loses?"

"Well then she tells everyone she has a ton of different STDs." I laughed a little bit at the idea of Emily standing up and telling everyone this.

"And you guys made a bet on what?" Mark sighed, obviously annoyed with our childish games, he pinched the bridge of his nose while I told him.

"I can't tell you, I'll lose if I tell you." I said quietly. I was really quite ashamed of it too, Mark - I now realize - didn't deserve it. I wanted him to trust me, I wanted to be with him but it didn't look like it was going to happen. He couldn't believe a word that came out of my mouth, and I don't blame him.

"Alright." Mark let out a sigh as he ran a hand down his face before running it back through his hair. He leaned against the desk as he looked like he was thinking. Was he trying to find a solution for my problem?

"I don't get you." He finally said. "You do all these things that could potentially ruin your life, and you act as if you are entirely in control of it. When you're really not."

"Huh?"

"Forget it." Mark closed his eyes as he waved the idea away with his hand. "After all, it doesn't matter what I say, does it?"

I moved the chair closer to him and laid my head down on the desk so I could see his eyes looking down at me. I flashed a hopeful smile, hoping to see him smile back. I could see the pain in his eyes though and it broke me down a little bit. "What are you doing?"

"I just wanted to see your eyes." I said quietly.

Mark looked a little shocked, but not a lot. "Why?"

"I like them." I shrugged.

He let out a light laugh before speaking. "You have eyes as blue as those, and yet you like mine?"

"It's all in the eyes of the beholder." I laughed at my joke, Mark rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Was that a bad joke?"

"Really bad." Mark smiled before laying his head down on the desk next to mine. "But it's alright, you're adorable so I guess it counteracts."