Chapter 2

I probably should have noted this in the first chapter, but please DO NOT steal my story. Work is always better when the creator is yourself.

I edited this chapter, cause I didn't exactly like how it was before. But I hope you enjoy :) Btw, There is going to be cussing so uh, if that's not your thing then, well yeah..

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Low and behold it was Everet Emers, bent down meeting my eyes. I stared into his, mesmerized by the various colors in his hazel eyes. I quickly closed my opened mouth and jumped up from my seat to hug him.

"Holy fucking shit it's you!"

"Dial it down on the cussing damn." He teased. He returned my hug. "It's good to see you too!"

I let go and looked up at him. "Whoa you got tall!"

"I guess you can call me Mount Everet now."

"Did you just make a-"

"Pun? Out of my name? Mhm." He nodded once and smiled, a dimple appearing on his left cheek.

I heard a chair roll against the tile as Mr.Ten stood up from his desk at the back of the room.

"Alright Everybody," said his deep voice. He looked around the class of students and walked to the whiteboard at the front.

He glanced at the two of us. "Sit down and let's get started." He clapped his hands together and his mustached mouth gave a small smile.

We both sat down at our desks. Everet leaned in to say that we would catch up later. I couldn't wait for later to come.

I just got out of physics class and headed on to my favorite subject. Lunch. I know I know, lunch isn't a subject. But it is a subject of conversation. I love talking about food because food is awesome! I love broccoli. Why do I love broccoli? Cause' they look like tiny trees! And trees are one of my favorite things in the whole world! They provide oxygen for the planet, they look pretty, and change colors!

Anyways, enough about my weird tree obsession. I had my lunch tray in my hand and was looking around for either Jane or Everet. I still couldn't believe he was here. He unexpectedly came back. So far nothing had changed between us. He was still my guy best friend. Would we be something more? That was up to him if I ever told him how I felt. I liked how things were and I didn't want to ruin it. Plus I don't have the guts or the confidence to do it.

I searched around the sea of students and tables in the cafeteria for a sign of blue short hair that belonged to Jane. I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I quickly turned around with hopes of it being Everet.

"Hey Melinda."

It was Jane. I frowned a little but recovered it with a smile. You shouldn't be disappointed Melinda. She's your friend for f*cks sake.

"Hi Jane!" I replied with forced enthusiasm. She wore a black and white striped T shirt and a black skirt. Her eyes were defined with cat eye eyeliner. She too held a food tray.

"I just got done talking to Jaylee."

"Oh yeah, how is she?"

"She is good." She leaned in and said in a low voice, "Did you know that her dad is in jail for robbing a bank?"

I looked at her and furrowed my eyebrows. "Oh man that sucks. Did she tell you that?"

 "Yeah. Told me not to tell anyone though."