Chapter 8

* A little while later, Selena is over at Tay’s house *

“So, you waited this long to tell me that Jake came to see you and wants you back? And why are you mentioning this now?” I hear Selena tease in a curious tone.

“Well, tonight is our first date trying this out again. We technically aren’t back together.”

“But what happened to NEVER EVER?”

“Well, love can find its way back to your heart no matter what. Anyways, can you give me some advice about what I should wear? And I won’t wear one of my cute dresses that I wear lately, I want something a little less, ‘cat lady who stays home knitting’ looking.” I joke.

“Well, ok.” Selena agrees.

We both run up to my fancy closet. We poke and prod through every little piece in my entire closet until Selena suggests that she found the perfect outfit.

She pulls the iteams off of their hangers and reveals them.

A slightly over-sized red sweater with thin, but not pinstipe thin, stripes, navy high waisted shorts with gold buttons, and some dark tan leather oxfords.

I actually really love the outfit.

“Thanks Sel. I really love it!”

“So how much longer until this date?”

I look at the clock, 6.

“OMG I’M RUNNING LATE! I’m supposed to be at his house by 7!”

“It’s okay, don’t freak! Get dressed and I’ll help you with your makeup and hair.”

I slip into my bathroom and throw on the outfit.

I step out and Sel has a huge smile.

“I picked the right thing!”

“Yes, you did.”

She coaxes me over to my vanity and I sit at the stool while she grabs some makeup.

First she applies a foundation from NARS that fits my skintone when well blended. Next, she takes a big powder brush and dusts some Stila pressed powder all over my face. Next, she takes my favorite medium/bright pink Bobbi Brown blush and puts it on the apples of my cheeks. Now for my eyes she takes a liquid pen liner from Eyeko, also my favorite, and sweeps it across my upper lash line. Next, she takes my absolute favorite makeup iteam, my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, and takes her time sweeping shadows of all kinds of colors on my eyes. The final step for eyes is applying some of my Victoria’s Secret mascara. But the real final step, is applying my Maybelliene Baby Lips in cherry me, a sheer pinkish red.

“I did such a good job on you!”

“You’re right! I look amazing! Thank you so much!”

“So for your hair I think a side fishtail would be amazing.”

I agree and she starts the braid until it reaches the final inch of my hair and she secures it with an elastic.

I hug her and thank her repeatedly.

She suggests that she has to go so I give her one last goodbye as she heads for wherever she has to be.

I search through my perfumes and body mists until I find the perfect one, Forever Red from Bath and Body Works. I quickly spray it on, then take one last look at myself in the mirror. I check the time, 6:45. I better get going.

I grab my shoes and slip them on as I head for the door.

When I’m driving to Jake’s house, you’ll never guess what 2 songs came on the radio, All Too Well and The Moment I Knew. How odd.

I can't help but burst into tears at the next stoplight.