Memories

Isabella's pov.

I had sat at my vanity, attempting to tie my hair back in a Dutch braid, humming along to the newest Taylor Swift song that I was listening to. I finished securing the braid and stood up, glancing at myself in the mirror one last time. I hated all of my clothes, I had not been able to purchase anything new in years. The mint green tank top I wore was way too snug and my jeans barely reached below my knees. Perhaps Natasha would take me shopping at some point. I still CAN NOT believe that she's my mother, and frankly I was that she had not come looking for me. What kind of parent does that? Just allows their kid to rot in an orphanage, letting her think that her family is dead and that she is the reason for it. My parents missed out on over half of my childhood, and I don't think I'll ever forgive them for that. I sighed, looking out my bedroom window. What would happen now? Would I stay with Tony? Would I move in with my biological parents? Would any of them even want anything to do with me now that they know how much trouble I cause? At that moment the doorbell sounded, interrupting my thoughts and startling me.

I began to race downstairs until I realized that was unnecessary and instead used teleportation to bring me to the door. Cautiously I gripped the door handle and yanked it open. Standing before me was a girl with deep brown eyes, beautiful black hair and light brown skin. She was probably about five inches taller than me. "Jules!" I nearly screeched. "Izzy!" She replied as she embraces me. This is the main reason why I won't let Tony call me Izzy: Julia and I made a pact back in the institute that only I could call her Jules and only she could call me Izzy. "Come on in," I spoke, pulling away from the hug as she stepped inside and I shut the door behind her. I watched as Julia walked around the place, mouth agape as she took in her surroundings. "Wow, so this is where you live now?" She asked excitedly. I casually and softly muttered "for now," but thankfully she didn't catch it. "This place is amazing!" She exclaimed in awe. I beamed, reveling in the fact that for once I had a nice place to stay at. Well- for now at least. "Yeah, it really is," I agreed with a sigh. "I feel so out of place here, it is just so unbelievable," I practically giggled, but stopped myself because the high-pitched noise that came out of my mouth disturbed me so much. Since when do I giggle? "So Izzy, when do I get to officially meet your famous parents," she questioned me, to which I replied, "which ones?" Her puzzled look in response made me realize my mistake. Julia only knew that I was adopted, she was not aware of the rest of my situation. Crap. I really did not feel like explains this at that moment, so I changed the subject. "Never mind. Do you want to see my room? It's so much better than the rooms at the institute were," I stated. And with that I grabbed her hand and practically dragged her up the stairs with me, both of us racing to my room even though she did not have a clue where she was going. I'm so glad that of all the people that have forgotten me from my childhood, I have not lost her.