Chapter One

Your dad walked in your bedroom to see you lying on the floor, under your bed, hiding. "Y/N why are you hiding? We have to go soon if we want to get there before dark." He said sounding sort of annoyed."I don't want to leave here to go to your stupid new girlfriends house!" You retort. "You've left me no other choice." He leaves your room and instead of him returning, it was your brother, Chandler. "Come on Y/N, don't be a brat." He says getting down on the floor to see you better. "I'm not being a brat! I'm being reasonable. Do you want to go to dads new stupid girlfriends house for 5 minutes?" You say trying to make a point. "If it makes him happy, then yeah, I would." He replied making things difficult. "Well, were not staying for 5 minutes, we're staying forever! I don't want to stay forever! Do you? Don't answer that." You say going deeper under your bed. "Y/N, you've left me no choice." This time he doesn't leave, he grabs your ankles and draggs you out from under your bed. "Whoa!" You say being surprised by his urge to make you unhappy to make dad happy. "Whatever Chandler, you just hate me as a sister. I know you'd rather have a brother." You say trying to make him feel guilty. It doesn't work. You get in the car and dont talk to anybody. "She'll get over it eventually." Your dad assures. "Maybe." Your brother says. "She's a little hung up on mom and her leav-" You interrupted him. "Stop it! She left, we get it! Can we just go please?" Your not usually like this. "Okay, fine let's go." Your quiet for most of the drive to Hawkins, but speak up to apologize for how you reacted. "It's okay sis, we get it. You and her were closer than close. We expected you to react like that." You felt thankful that they didn't hate you for that. "Thanks guys but I'm still a little hesitant on Martha." Your dad nodds. "I can understand that." He says a little disappointed. You arrive at your new house and walk inside asking where your room is. "Down the hall, second to the right." Martha responds. "Thanks." You say coldly but that cold. You set up your room how you want it and ask to out and explore the neighborhood. "Sure, just be back by supper." Your dad says. You go out on your bike and look around the neighborhood. While your riding, you see four guys also riding their bikes. You notice their coming right towards you and aren't stopping. "Look out!" You yell. They don't hear you soon enough. You yell again. "Hey! Look out!" They hear you this time and try to break but their bikes won't break soon enough. You try to break your bike and the same thing happens so you and the guys jump off and your bikes run into each other. You look at the guys and then at the bikes. "Sorry." You say sitting up. "Its our fault, we should be been looking where we were going." A boy with long-ish black-brown hair and freckles said getting up from off the ground. "Yeah, we sort of are to blame for this." A dark skinned boy said picking up his bike to look for damage. You get up off the ground and do the same and am glad to see that's everything's in good shape. All of our bikes are in good shape which is good. I decide to introduce myself since, why not? "I'm Y/N." You say putting out you for the long haired boy to shake. "I'm Michael or Mike for short, this is Lucas, this is Will, and that's Dustin." He said introducing all of them. You waved and they waved back. "Nice to meet you guys." You say getting on your bike. "Leaving so soon?" Lucas asks you. "Yeah, I have to be back for dinner or my dad will blow a casket." You say kicking up your kickstand. "Alright, see you around." Will says. You ride away and when you get home for dinner, you realize that Dustin didn't say anything. 'What a shame,' you think. 'he's kind of cute.'