Chapter Two

You start your new school today and you couldn't be more nervous. You don't anyone here and you've heard things about the school bullies. You think about playing sick but then realize, it was no use they wouldn't believe you anyway. Chandler offers to take you but you deny it, saying you'll just take your bike. "Alright, if you say so." He says getting in his car and driving away. You get on your bike and ride it to your school.It didn't to long to get there but when you do, you pull up in the bike rack in front of your school. While your getting your stuff, four more bikes pull up in the rack. You notice the people on the bikes and say hi. "Y/N! You go here?" Lucas said surprised. They all looked surprised really. "Yes. Apparently I do. Is that a problem?" You ask. "Of course not, its just a surprise." Mike says. "Well, I better get to my first class. See you guys later." You say waving and then walking away. You check which class you have first and see its English. When you walk in you tell your teacher your new and you have no where to sit. "Well, that's great. I'm glad to meet you-" you tell him your name. "Y/N. Nice to meet you. You can sit right here." He says showing the third seat in the third row. "If you need any help just ask me alright?" You nod your head yes. "Alright." You sit down just as Lucas and Dustin walk in. "We have English with you?" Lucas says. "Apparently." You respond. Still you wonder why Dustin won't say a word. "Dustin, you okay?" You ask. He looks surprised but then, he just nodds. "Alright. Just making sure." You say still nor convinced that he's okay. After English you have Science which you notice you have all of them in your class. In English, Lucas told you that they were all Science nerds which wasn't hard for you believe. What was hard to believe was the fact that Dustin was so good at Science and didn't say a word the entire class. When you got up to leave, you stayed behind to listen to what the science teacher had to say to Dustin, since he asked him to stay after class. "What's the problem Dustin, you didn't say a word the entire class and I'm worried." He says. "There's no need to be, really." You couldn't believe it. He does talk. You run to your next class which was Social Studies. At social studies you see Will and Mike and sit near them. You don't really pay attention to your teacher cause your thinking about why Dustin won't talk to you. You were thinking the whole class and then the next thing you know, the bell rings and you are dismissed. When you hear the bell, you rush out of the classroom and gather your things. When you get the to the bike rack, Lucas is there and you ask to talk with him. "Sure, what about?" He asks. "Dustin. Why doesn't he talk to me?" Lucas looks uncomfortable when you ask this. "He's embarrassed." Now your confused. "Embarrassed? Of what?" You ask. "I can't say." He replies. "Please, tell me. Everyone else talks to me but, he won't and I would like to know why." You demand. "Fine, but if he asks how you know, don't tell him I told you, alright?" You agree. "Alright well, Dustin hasn't lost his baby teeth yet, and everyone keeps making fun of him for it." Lucas says sighing. "That's why he won't talk to me? I won't make fun of him." You say assuring him. "He doesnt know that." He says. "Can you tell him?" You ask. "Then he'll know I'll told you. I can't." You give adorable puppy eyes. "Please?" He resents it but then finally gives in. "Fine! I'll tell him. I hate you right now." You smile. "You'll get used to it."