Keveridge- chapter 8

Kier's POV:

Laurence's friends were supposed to be here in about 45 minutes and I was, to put it lightly, stressing out. I had had a quick shower and had dressed in a pair of my new skinny black jeans and a band shirt that I found on the floor.

"Is it okay if I borrow this? My clothes are in the wash." I asked Laurence quietly, my voice wavering, making him look concerned.

"Sure but those clothes we got today are yours as well okay? And, hey, kier, calm down, they guys will love you!"
I smiled a little at the corner of my mouth but nothing big, I couldn't manage it. Laurence noticed, he looked about to make sure Friday was upstairs and pulled me in close. He gently brushed my hair out of my eyes and tilted his face towards mine. I reached up, him being six foot, and pressed my lips onto his. Laurence smiled into the kiss, wrapping one arm around the back of my waist and pulling me as close as we could get. I was the one to deepen the kiss, but then there was a knock at the door. We were always interrupted!

"Hey, Kier, calm down baby, they'll love you okay?" He said as he went to open the door to the three strangers.
As he opened the door and went to greet his friends, I went to sit on the sofa, right at the edge, waiting for them to come in.

I was on the edge of shaking when the entered the living room. I glanced up at them, the three strangers.
"Hey, Laur, who's this?" One of them asked, he was short, even shorter than me, he had honey coloured hair and dark eyes. One of the taller ones had a protective arm around him, I guessed they were together, based on the arm, how close they were and the looks they exchanged with each other.

"Drew, be nice." The taller one whispered, Drew then going on his tip-toes and placed a little kiss on the taller ones cheek, The taller one then smirked.

"Oh, Drew, that's Kier, he's staying here now, he didn't have anywhere else to go. He's like us! Hey, Luke can you help?" Laurence called from the kitchen.

Drew came and sat down next to me, followed by, Barrone? I guess.
"Hey" Drew said quietly, aimed at me.
"Erm, hello." I said, hopefully Laurence and his friends wouldn't think I'm being rude, I'm just not very good with new people.

"How do you know Laurence?" Drew asked, I wasn't really sure how to answer, I knew I should tell the truth as Laurence would tell the anyway but I was embarrassed. They might laugh, as Laurence why he even bothered.
"I...erm... I was homeless, I was sleeping under the slide in the park for shelter and Friday came and found me. Laurence asked if I wanted to stay here, he has been so kind."

Drew nodded, sliding on top of Barrone's lap."This is Barrone, his real name is Shane, he doesn't talk much to new people but he talks to me!"
Barrone turned a little red, "Drewww!"
He moaned quietly, embarrassed.

After a few awkward minutes of chatting, I perked up and Barrone seemed to talk a little more to me.
"So, you like Weezer?" I asked Drew, feeling stupid, he obviously did, he was wearing a Weezer shirt!
Drew smiled a wide grin, "yeah, one of my inspirations! So does Shane, don't you Shaneyyy?"
Shane/Barrone nodded. "Do you play anything?" He asked me.

"I play rhythm guitar, but I haven't played in a while, I didn't take it with me." I said sadly, I missed my guitar, it was pretty, black and the best sound I had had in a while.
"Ahh! Cool! We have been looking for one of them.why didn't you tell me?!" I heard Laurence call from the kitchen, I bet he was listening in, like a parent seeing if you are making friends.
"What do you mean looking for one? Why?"
"We're in a band!Fearless Vampire Killers! Laurence, go get the samples!" Drew shouted excitedly.

Samples sounded extremely weird, I was not sure what he meant.
Laurence ran up, then down the stairs. He was carrying one of the brown boxes that was in his room. He opened it, getting out a record, and putting it onto a record player, Laurence liked things like that apparently.
"This is called Could We Burn Darling?"

There was a bang then a rustle, then finally the song started. The guitars and bass come in, with the drums.
'In the centre of the town the sky,
Seems starless all we can do is climb.'

Laurence came in, his singing voice is beautiful! There was a bang! Then a
"Oh, shit! I thing the records broken!"
From Laurence.

"So, we need another guitarist, are you in? You can have one of my spare guitars?" Laurence sounded hopeful.

"Hell yeah!" I shouted, looking forward to being a band with these guys.