Part 9

Marks POV
I finish up some work at my office, and head home. I see a note on my table, and I don't see Jack. I read the note.

Dear Mark,
I might be home late, I'm going somewhere. I might be home around midnight, if that. Don't wait for me, go to sleep if you want, just leave the backdoor unlocked. I'll see you tomorrow!
- Jack

I set down the note and realize that I have the night to myself, so I grab my guitar and go to the tree. I walk in the dark, and when I make it there, an eerie feeling takes over. It's too quiet.

"Hey, you up there?" I ask, and make my way to the trunk of the tree. I look up, and see nobody.

Walking around, I trip over something. I quickly stand up and force my eyes to adjust, when I realize that it's a body. "H-hello?" I said. I get down and gently tapped the body. Something warm touched my figures, and I realize, it's blood. And it's not mine.

I feel the mans chest, but pull away once I feel more blood. I see something shiny across from the man, and I crawl to it. I pick it up to get a better look, but immediately drop it when I see that it's a knife. My friend was murdered.

Hold on.. that doesn't look like the man I normally see, I don't think that's my friend. Someone must have stabbed him in his sleep. What if the killer is here? And where's my friend? Horrible thoughts rush through my mind. I stand up, yank my guitar, and sprint to my house. I lock my door, and slide down the wall. I just saw a dead body. It wasn't my friend. Is he a murderer?

Jacks POV
I wake up sometime during dawn. I can tell because the sky is a light shade of dark blue, indicating that the sun is starting to rise.

I rub my head, and feel dried blood on me. I remember my fall, and stand up. I have a head rush so bad, I almost fall back down. I sturdy myself against the tree, and wait for the dizziness to subside. Soon it goes away, and I feel the eggs from yesterday start to come up.

I throw up, and rub my head again. I wipe the dried blood away, showing dirty cuts all over myself. I see a huge gash on my arm and one on my leg. I also feel some dried blood on my chest, but not too much. I don't want to freak Mark out with the blood on my shirt, so I wash it off in the pond, then walk back to Mark's place.

The front door is locked, but he kept the backdoor open like I asked. I quietly walk in, and made my way to my room. I change into the other shirt, which I only have two, and throw the other on the floor. I realized I've worn that shirt for about a week now.

I go ahead and grab my clean cloths, and jump in the shower, letting the dirt and dried blood rinse from my body, including the fur from work. When I get out, I throw on my cloths and go to the kitchen. I grab a glass of water, and go back to bed.

On my way to bed, I hear something coming from the hall. I turn in the hallway leading away from my room and to Mark's, and see Mark sitting on the floor, his fingers in his hair, and a soft snore escaping his lips.

I set down my water, stretch out my stiff arms, and lift him, using all my strength. Luckily, he doesn't flinch once I set him in his bed, and I take his shirt off, along with his shoes and socks.

I see something dried on his face, which I soon realize are tears. Why was he crying? Did he fall asleep crying? It doesn't matter. I just pulled the covers over him, and he cuddled up in his blankets.

As I start to make my way out, I hear him moving around. I turn, to see him looking at me. He looks very tired, physically and mentally. I remember yesterday was Friday, so no work today since Mark had hired a weekend shift. He doesn't have to work, and not do we.