I- January 1, 1762- Port of London, England

It is only hours after the new century has arrived and the Adams family has already decided that they are ready to see the "New World", as they call it. All 7 of them must go wether they're fond of it or not.
It is cold and the leaves have all fallen from the trees. Five inches of snow and ice cover the ground which makes it difficult for others to get their luggage around. Loads of people all stand and stare out into the bay while the ship comes in. The sun makes its beautiful, shiny lining stand out, and its big masts look as tall as a house! It is big and long, like most of the other ships that arrive and depart every morning through night. Although, this ship is the biggest ship that has ever come into the port of London.
People say that once you get on that boat theres no going back, but whats waiting for them on the other side of the vast Atlantic Ocean would have to be their new home.
Nathaniel, 16, who is the eldest of all the Adams children, thinks nothing good of this trip. For he must leave his friends and his love behind. Jefferey, 13, the second eldest actually thinks this trip will be a new beginning for all of them. Nathaniel however, always just rolls his eyes and says what a big load of crap that is whenever Jefferey brings it up.
Everyone believes that the "New World" is full of wonders and the land is more beautiful than any land in the world. It is covered with grassy hills, tall oaks that make good picnic areas, and long, vast fields that make the absolute perfect settlement places.
The ship leaves at 7:00 am sharp. No one knows what awaits them at the end of this journey, but they do know that whatever comes at them they will overcome.