6

Phil (whose ready for some inner monologue?!?!)

The rest of my classes that day everything seems a little harder and all the people seem a little too much for me right now. I just want to talk to Dan but obviously he doesn't want to talk to me so I think I should just let it go. I wish I could but I can't. Nothing about this place seems right and it's awful. "Hey, I'll be right back." I say to some dude who I'm sitting beside in English. He nods and I walk up to Mr. Allen's desk, glancing over at Dan while I go, to get the hall pass. "May I use the restroom?" I ask pointing at the hall pass. He hands it to me without looking up from his work. "Thank you, sir." He nods and I exit the room.

I'm not going to the bathroom, I'm leaving this awful place. I can't stand to be in the same building as Dan let alone the same room. I don't know where I'm going but I'm going somewhere. I reach for the handle of the school's front door and walk right out. I'm pretty positive the woman in the front office saw me but lord knows she doesn't want to fill all of that paperwork out.

As I start to walk down the almost empty streets I look around at all of the people who are getting off of work and going to pick their younger kids up from school as they get out earlier than we do. All of these people had something to do, not just now but with their life. I on the other hand just ran out of school because I fell for someone and they didn't have the same feelings. These people have something to do with their lives. They have jobs and are probably going somewhere with whatever they're doing. I don't know what I want to do with my life. I have absolutely no clue. I have no plans, no interests, I have nothing.

As I walk down and empty street I turn to see a familiar face in one of the shops to my left. Dan. He was in a hardware store looking at tools. I'm guessing he had the same idea that I had. I walk into the store that he's in and despite the ringing of the bell as I push the door open he doesn't turn around or see me at all. I guess downtown Manchester is a popular place for kids who skip school. "Welcome" I hear a woman say as I step inside the dim store. I smile lightly and nod in her direction.

I walk over close to where Dan and hide behind a display of colorful duct tape that seems to be large enough to hide me and my shame. He finally looks up from the tool set he was looking at but thankfully, looks out the window to his right and not to his left where I'm shamefully hiding behind a display of duct tape. He picks the tool set up and walks up to the front counter to pay, still not noticing me. He thanks the woman and walks out of the store after taking the white plastic bag she hands him. I don't want to walk out without buying something as that would be rude, so I take a roll of neon green duct tape and walk up to the register.

"Is this all, dear?" The nice looking old woman asks me. "Yes please." I say with a smile. She nods and rings me up. "$2.89 please" I hand her my card and she swipes it. "Would you like a bag?" I nod and she hands me my duct tape that I'm never going to use. I need to stop guiltily buying things.

I walk out of the store and turn around to walk home. I don't want to run into Dan again. I mean I do but I don't want him to run into me. Maybe I do. I just want to talk to him again without it being in a school bathroom and ending in me getting my feeling hurt. I don't want to run into him. At least I think I don't.

I don't even know what I want anymore.

a/n
Hi! It's been forever since I updated and I'm really sorry. I don't know if any of you are going to like this chapter but here it is. Tell me what you guys think will happen next and tell me what you think of the book! Please vote and comment because it means a lot! Thanks for reading xoxo
-Brynn