Chapter 7 (Alfred)

Day 1

I walked into the hospital, to see the most beautiful girl on earth, kissing her, in hope of it being like a Disney movie as I knew it was impossible, as she still stayed in the same position she was in. I sat down on my normal chair, as I began to strum my guitar.

Not singing, because she hated my singing. Well, she looked like she hated it, but she always told me that it was fine...

I made up a tune for the song, as I wrote down the title.

The Hero With Mistakes

I closed my book when I watched the doctor come in. I quickly grabbed my things, and went out of the hospital.

Day 7

"England was being overprotective so I couldn't go the past days. Besides, there was a world meeting," I said as an excuse as I saw her, in the same stable condition. I asked a nurse or doctor if there was any change to her.

As usual, nothing.

I sat on the chair, as I smiled, holding her hand. "I made up the first verse and chorus of what I was trying to do," I said and strummed my guitar, and began to sing the way I tried to.

"The hero of the day, saves it again. The hero of the night, well, where do I begin? The stars in the sky, give me hope because I. Am fighting for my love, yeah that's right!"

"You're such a dork, Alfred," I could hear her voice say in my mind, followed by a giggle and a punch in the arm. I paused for a moment, then strumming my guitar again.

"Oh, when the days past and the day's gone. I just happen to sing this horrid song. From the deep seas to the mountains high, I'll keep on fighting, yeah that's right!" I exclaimed.

"No you're wrong! I'm just kidding," I heard her say in my voice I started to get a little bit concerned if I was crazy or not as I continued to play.

"And of course the very next day, I come back all alone. Torn costume, broken bones, and a fractured nose. But that's not going to keep me from fighting for my damsel in distress. Even though fighting has turned me into such a horrid mess."

I stopped playing the guitar as I stood up, looking at her steady face, her steady breathing with a machine showing her steady heart rate.

"You're my damsel in distress, if you didn't know," I said and kissed her on the forehead, walking away from the hospital, leaving a second time.

Day 327

"Hey, ______ there's a million things I hate about this day," I said and sat on the chair I always sit on. "It's 9/11, and it's the day that I was separated from you for fifteen years," I said as I began to let out a few tears.

"I needed your support, I needed you next to me, I needed a lot of things from you, but you weren't there," I said as I leaned closer to her.

Once again, I began to strum my guitar, and sang the second verse.

"The hero on weekdays, is as tired as can be. The hero on weekends, how many fights were started, three? I keep a picture of her, hidden in my pocket. If anyone touches her, well, they can go suck it!" I exclaimed.

"Hey, language! I'm just kidding I called you Alfred Fucking Jones once," I heard her voice say in my mind.

"Past the barren deserts, to forests of green. Seeing the worst of worse, things that can't be unseen. I still go through it, just for you. So one day I'll take you out, for a table for two!" I said as I began to sing the refrain.

"And of course the very next day, I come back all alone. Torn costume, broken bones, and a fractured nose. But that's not going to keep me from fighting for my damsel in distress. Even though fighting has turned me into such a horrid mess...," I trailed off as I slowed down the strum of my guitar for the bridge.

"How I see you one day, between March, April, and May. Stuck on a bed, why does everyone think your dead? It was your fault, for being my damsel in distress," I said in a sad voice as I continued on with the rest of the words.

"How I was too late, I'm no longer considered a hero, as there were signs of hate. Because all I am, was a hero with mistakes..."

I stopped strumming my guitar, almost dropping it to the ground as I broke down into another sob. "I need you everything you're not here with me, ______," I said as I walked out of the hospital a second time, kissing her forehead.

I began to fill with the fear of her leaving.

The moment I stepped out of the hospital, my head started to feel fuzzy when I tried to remember my past with her.

I went into the apartment, sitting on top of my Superman bed.

My memories with her began to overlap with the memories of my country's history.

"N-No!" I exclaimed and clutched onto my head, feeling an extreme headache, as if something was being sucked out of my brain.

I rolled around on my bed in pain, as I started to yell out in the sharp pain as I kicked my feet rapidly.

"______, please don't go!" I yelled over and over again as there was an image of a woman in my mind as my eyes were wide, in sudden confusion.

"Wh-What just happened..?" I asked myself as I saw framed pictures with me and a girl.

"Who is that?" I asked as I gulped, burying my face in my pillow, punching my mattress furiously.

"Did I forget who I love?! How?!" I exclaimed and angrily let tears fall out of my eyes.

This happened again....and it's all my fault...