Blame

Light shuffling and metal clinking together could be heard in the room. Tate picked her head up fast and looked at what was causing the noise. She saw a figure standing in the middle of the room examining the desks. She soon identified this person to be Jake.

"Jake, what are you doing awake already?" Tate whispered.

"I figured I could get a jump start. I was thinking about what could help our odds in here and I remembered in a movie I once saw people use sound bombs to distract zombies, so I am just adding random metals in this bottle and creating something to maybe save us if something bad happens!" Explained Jake.

"Another thing you saw from a movie? Are you sure this one is going to work? Don't you remember what happened when we tried acting like the zombies when we first got here? It didn't work. Also why are you doing this now when everyone else is trying to sleep." Questioned Tate as more people started picking their heads up and groaning in tiredness.

"Hey these might save our lives." Jake justified.

Eventually Tate gave up and Jake continued creating sound bombs, trying to be quieter than he was before but not succeeding. A little while later people were fed up with it and started rising. Soon everyone was up.

"Okay now that we are all awake, I just wanted to present an issue that I found." Erin yelled. "I tried looking on the monitor but it appears to not be working. I looked around on the desk directly below it to see if there was anything explaining why it wasn't working, or how to fix it, and I came across a paper that explained that the control panel for the monitor is in the Behavioral Conditioning Ward." 

"Not another task. Haven't we done enough already?" Destiny complained.

"We already lost Sebastian. I don't want to see another one of us die." Giana added.

"I have a feeling that this monitor is very important though. This might be another test that the CONOP Industries are throwing at us. I have a feeling we will have no choice but to follow what they say" Ryahn explained.

"Ryahn's right. We are going to have to do this. That monitor is going to be important." Dominic agreed.

"We should have people stay back like last time. Maybe we should only send out a couple people this time as well." Dan decided. "I will say though, if Ryahn is going, I'm not going. We don't work together very well."

"That's a little rude, but I think I will stay behind. I don't want to be the cause of anyone's death again" Ryahn responded sarcastically.

"Then I'll go." Dan answered.

"I'll go too." Tate volunteered.

"Okay we should have one more person go." Alex chimed in.

"How about Dominic since we don't completely trust him." Jake explained.

"I guess Dominic is a good choice, but not even for the whole distrust issue. If he truly was able to run around lost and still find us, he must be able to keep himself safe pretty well." Justified Erin.

"Alright, I'll do it, to prove that I am in this just as much as all of you." Dominic agreed.

"Cool, now keep in mind we aren't going to be able to watch over you this time because we don't have any monitor to see the camera views. Be extra careful." Giana said.

"Will do." Dan answered.

With that Dan, Dominic, and Tate geared up and got ready to attempt to fix the monitor. Erin held the door open for them and the group quickly made their way out the door. Erin closed the door and boarded it up, keeping the people on the inside safe.