2

Later that night, Mary went out and met Hagrid by the forest. "Did you bring James cloak like I asked you?" He asks. "Yeah I brought the cloak. Hagrid where are we going?" She asks. "You'll see soon enough. Pay attention this is important." He says. As they walked, Mary noticed the flower and how his hair looked nicer than before. "What's with the flower? Hagrid have you combed your hair?" She asks. "As a matter of fact I have. You might like to try the same thing now and again." He says. Mary grumbled as she self consciously ran her fingers through her frizzy ends.

"Hagrid?" A voice called out. Mary furrowed her brows before she was suddenly covered with the cloak. "Bonsoir Olympe." Hagrid called out. Mary looked around and saw Madame Maxime. "Oh Hagrid. I thought you weren't coming, I thought perhaps -- you had -- forgotten me." She says. Mary stifled a gag. "Couldn't forget you Olympe." Hagrid replied. "What is it you want to show me? When we spoke earlier you sounded so exhilarated." She says. "You'll be glad you came. Trust me." He says and lead her towards an opening, Mary following close behind. Once they looked over, Mary gasped. "Ahh, c'est magnifique!" Madame Maxime called out.

As she walked closer, Mary ducked her head out from under. "Dragons? That's the first task? You're joking." She says. "Come on Mary. They're seriously misunderstood creatures." Hagrid says, defending them as a huge flame escaped from their nostrils. "Although, I have to admit that horntail is a right nasty piece of work. Poor Sirius nearly fainted just seeing him you know." Hagrid explains. "Sirius was here?" She asks. "Oh sure. Wanted to check out what you'd be up against. Didn't he tell you?" He asks. "No he didn't. He didn't tell me a thing." She says.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

The next day, Mary walked quickly through the courtyard and found Edgar with his friends. They were all so tall. "Edgar." She called out. He quickly turned around and smiled. "Mary." He greeted. Mary smiled, but pulled him aside. "Dragons. That's the first task. They've got one for each of us." She says. "Are you serious? And Astrid, does she --" He starts. "Yes." She replied. He nodded. "Thank you, Mary." He says. She smiled softly and nodded. "No problem." She says and walks off.

Before she could leave, the entrance was blocked by Sirius and the boys. "You're a right foul git you know that?" She sneered. Sirius stopped and looked at her. "You think so?" He asks. "I know so." She says. "Anything else?" He asks. "Yeah. Stay away from me." She says and walked off. "What did I tell you." Remus exclaimed and walked off.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

It was finally the day of the first task. Mary was absolutely nervous. She kept shaking and sweating. She didn't know if she could do this. Especially with dragons. "Psst! Mary? Is that you?" A voice called out. Mary recognized it as Remus. "Yeah." She replied. "How are you feeling? Ok? The key is to concentrate. After that you just have to --" He starts, but Mary cut him off. "Battle a dragon." She says. Remus sighed before walking in and hugging her. She hugged back.

Suddenly there was a bright flash. The two pulled away and squinted. "Young love! Ohh how -- stirring." Rita starts and looks at Mary. "If everything goes unfortunately today you might make the front page." She says. "You have no business here. This tent is for champions and friends." Edgar says. Mary nodded towards him thankfully. "No matter. We've got what we wanted." She says and steps out. Once she left, Dumbledore entered.

"Good day champions. Gather round please." He says. Everyone gathered around, while Remus stood awkwardly beside Mary. "Now you've waited, you've wondered and at last the moment has arrived. The moment only three of you can fully appreciate." He says before noticing Remus. "What are you doing here, Mr. Lupin?" He asks. "Oh um -- sorry. I'll just go. Good luck, Mary." He says and walks out.