Dark Night

As your riding home with your family you look up. You see the dark sky and darker trees, almost like staring at a sort of limbo. Then you begin to wonder, what has happened to the stars? The little dancers that fly through the night sky?

Do not worry, for their merely hiding backstage, behind a thick curtain of dark rain clouds. The rain crashes down, though you don't really mind.

As you continue your rather dreary ride, you notice things more and more. All the trees, standing tall and dark like shadows. The lights of homes far in the distance. Then the trees start to fade out, leaving you staring at the empty sky. Oh how you long to see those shining stars, twinkling ever so brightly.

The rain begins to create a symphony in your head as it crashes against a window, the road, even as it hits the soft blades of grass. All of it creates beautiful music within you, music you simply must let it somehow.

So once again you look up to the darkness and pour your heart into it, and those words stick to the very air and pull back the curtains, allowing you to see the beautiful performance of celestial bodies. It truly is a sight to behold.

Perhaps one day, you'll share this feeling with others, as I have shared it with you.