Chapter 5 - Broken

Next morning, Suman woke up to her alarm. 

"Oh my God it's 9!" Suman jumped out of her bed in a split second and rushed to prepare herself for the meeting she was going to have with her new client. She wore a Navy Blue and Cream Colour flower designed saree and put on a little makeup. Her subconscious mind kept thinking about Shravan. This was the first time he was going to see her in a saree. A sinful urge took over her mind as she dressed herself. But she reminded herself that she was a strong woman and wasn't going to get carried away so easily. She stepped out of her room to meet everyone's eyes, that had already broadened on seeing her and the owner of the widest eyes was, no other than whom she had anticipated, Shravan Malhotra. Suman received all kinds of compliment from everyone, but Shravan just kept staring at her. Something was going on in his mind, that he wished to execute right then and there but could not due to the family's presence. 

"But Suman, how are you going to drive wearing a saree?" Kamini asked, breaking Shravan's thoughts. 

"Actually mumma, bhaiya could drop her you know. He has no work today even," Pushkar suggested. This just gave Shravan the opportunity he had been waiting for. He never thought that Pushkar could make things easy for him instead of ruining it.

"No it's okay chachiji (paternal aunt) I'll manage," Suman refused to agree, but she was desperately wanting Shravan to say yes.

"What I'll manage? Shravan will drop you and it's my order. Why Shravan, won't you?" Kamini asked Shravan.

"Has it ever happened that you ordered me something and I didn't do it? I'll drop her chachi, come Sumo," Shravan said while taking the keys and they left.

None of them uttered a single word on the way but both of them were talking to each other in their minds.

"He could stare at me for such a long time but couldn't compliment even once."

"She's looking like an angel I don't even know how to compliment her. God please help." 

"Idiot. I seriously doubt his choice in girls. He seems to have put all his attention in driving, not even noticing the girl sitting next to him. Even a stranger would act better than him."

"I don't know how she manages to look so beautiful and different every time. I feel like a stranger now."

"Loser."

"Cutie."

They reached PCT, from where Suman had to take some files and then came back to the car. 

"Where do we go now?" asked Shravan.

"There, that restaurant," Suman said, pointing towards a building quite far away.

"Restaurant? Are you going on a date or what?" said Shravan, sounding displeased even at the thought of Suman with somebody else.

"Yeah, I'm going on a date with my client," Suman said rolling her eyes. Shravan chuckled. Even her sense of humour seemed appealing to him. They reached the venue and got out of the car. Just when Suman was about to turn and leave, Shravan held back her hand. 

"You are looking gorgeous Sumo. I'm sure that client of yours is going to have a remarkable day today," Shravan said, finally letting his heart out.

"Well, not really..thanks though," Suman blushed and replied. Shravan smiled and watched her get in, the blush still evident on her face. 

"So Ms Sumo Wrestler can be shy too!" Shravan said to himself. 

(After a few hours)

Shravan was going to pick Suman after he received her call. When he reached the place, he was dumbfounded by the scene in front of him. A tall and handsome guy was hugging Suman and she seemed quite comfortable with it. Shravan felt a lump in his throat. As they broke the embrace and looked at each other smiling and talking, he felt like his heart just shattered into a thousand pieces.  

"So it was a date Sumo," he spoke, being hardly audible to himself. Just then Suman saw him standing afar like a homeless man. She was immediately in a state of concern for him. Why was he looking at her that way? She approached towards him with the guy.

"Aditya, this is Shravan. Shravan meet Aditya," Suman introduced them to each other while still analysing the look on Shravan's face.

"Oh so This is Shravan! I heard a lot about you man. Nice to meet you," Aditya said while shaking hands with Shravan.

"Same here," Shravan replied trying hard to put up a fake smile. 

"God knows what's wrong with him," Suman thought. After that Aditya left saying he had some important work and both of them drove back home. Shravan was not talking to her. She observed a strange appearance all over his face.

(Scene changes to the garden)

Shravan was looking at the stars, the wetness of his cheeks yet unknown to him. Suman saw him in that condition from her room. She came and sat beside him. She put one of her hands on his shoulder and the other on his face, wiping his tears off. He turned to see her. 

"What happened Shravan? Why are you so quiet since we returned? You didn't even have your dinner properly," Suman asked him affectionately, her hands still resting on him. Shravan held her hands and placed them away. He looked back at the stars. 

"Shravan please, tell me what's wrong. You know I can't see you in this state."

"You should get used to this, Sumo. Why should I matter so much to you? You have a lot other people to care about," Shravan replied in a calm tone.

"Shravan, what are you saying? Is everything alright?" Suman said sounding tensed. Shravan looked back at her.

"Everything is fine Sumo. Everything is more than just fine. I never asked so much from life. I'm happy for you," Shravan continued in a still manner. 

"Shravan, you're really scaring me. What happened?" Suman said sounding even more worried. Shravan took hold of her hand and smiled at her.

"Nothing Sumo. Go to sleep," he said while getting up. He took a few steps forward and then turned back. Suman stood up in confusion. He reached her and took her inside his arms. Both of them felt a familiar delight in their hearts. Shravan nuzzled her hair and whispered into her ears:

"I'm really happy for you Sumo. May God give you all the good things in life." Saying this they separated and Shravan went inside. Suman stood behind, completely confused at what just happened.

"What is wrong with him?" she asked herself.

Hello guys!

So how did you find Aditya's entry here? You didn't think I was going to bring somebody else, did you? Jokes apart, I'm sorry I couldn't extend this chapter any further since my exams are going on and I might not be that regular with the upcoming ones either. But I promise once I'm done with the exams, I'll come back with hugeee chapters, with even more Shraman scenes.

If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment. 

And buddy my account if you wanna stay in touch. Also you can reach me at: Instagram @nubahm and Facebook @Nubah Munzarin.

Take care.