Chapter 15 - Remorse

In need of serious motivation, help!
This chapter is more like a filler, so don't keep your expectations too high.
I should really stop being a douche.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shravan woke up to an alien feeling all over his body. At first he could not recall anything or make out why he was feeling this way. But then he started to remember everything from last night. A gush of happiness and guilt took over him at the same time. He was lighthearted at the thought of how Suman had taken a step towards him and guilty because he had let her down again. He decided to give himself some time anyway and set off for work.

(At office)

"Shravan, are you busy?" Ramnath asked him.

"Absolutely not papa, come sit," he said putting his files away.

"Well Shravan, I know it's not been long since you recovered and I probably should be giving you some rest but.." he was cut off Shravan.

"Oh come on papa, I'm absolutely fine now. Is there any work?" Ramnath looked up at him and hesitantly began to speak.

"Shravan, you know Richard right, our new client?" Shravan nodded.

"I had taken his case and assured him that I myself will be handling it. But now there is a problem and it's like an obligation to go to Canada. I tried a lot to manage everything here in India but I couldn't. So I was thinking if you could..I mean I don't trust anyone as much as you Shravan." Shravan kept mum for some time before he spoke.

"I understand papa. Send me the details of the case. I'll leave as soon as possible." Although he had agreed yet he was actually thinking about Suman and immediately felt contrite. What was he doing and why? On the other hand, Ramnath's pride knew no bounds. He felt overjoyed for his son, who, even after going through such a rough time, was ready to do anything.

"You don't know how proud I am today Shravan," he murmured, almost tearing up. Shravan smiled and hugged him. How much he had missed this. Curse the past eight years of his life, he thought.

(At Tiwari Villa)

"Preeti, where is Sumo?" Shravan asked.

"I don't know Shravan, probably caught in some work," she sighed.

"Hmm okay." Shravan had wished to talk to Suman before leaving, which was surprisingly that very night. Ramnath had managed to get tickets for him somehow, thankfully or not, since it was urgent for the case. He walked to his room and thudded on his bed. Why were things going so badly for him? He packed the last bit of essentials and locked his suitcase. He sighed at the possibility of not meeting Suman before leaving. How worse were things going to get between them? As much as he wanted space, he longed to see her for the last time. Misery. Misunderstanding. Mourning. The only words that kept repeating on his mind till he stepped out of his room.

"I'm sorry Sumo," he mumbled as he descended down the stairs. He could perceive how terribly she would be hurt at his sudden departure. But well, no way to help. He received heartfelt embrace from everyone as he reached the porch.

"Bhaiya, if there's anything you need just call me up. The Malhotra army is ever-ready for rescue," Pushkar feigned like a soldier, looking hilarious of course. Shravan whacked his arms and hugged him. He sought blessings from the elders and turned to leave. His chauffeur was waiting outside and his dad was going to accompany him to the airport. It was going to be a lingering journey indeed.

(After an hour)

Suman had arrived home from work. Her mind was still captured with Shravan's words from last night.

"Suman, where were you?" Mamiji's voice sounded as if Suman had just missed a huge non-recurring event.

"I had some important work Mamiji. Why what happened?"

"You don't know anything?"

"No?" Suman was worried now.

"Shravan just left for Canada an hour ago," Mamiji said as considerately as she could.

"What!" Suman exclaimed. Was she hearing her right? Shravan left? Without a single word with her? Not a single message? Great. She was freaking out internally but chose to not express it in front of Mamiji.

"Okay Mamiji, I'll talk to him soon," saying this, she literally stomped into her room.

"How could you Shravan? I understood the fact that you wanted space, it was okay. BUT WHAT IS THIS? How could you just leave like that? Was I so undeserving of you? I thought we were going to begin afresh and lifted my hopes for you. And THIS is how you treat me. Okay, fine. Why am I even crying. You even stole my tears, didn't you? I HATE YOU SHRAVAN. Yes hate you. Have a good time. Betrayer."

She sobbed amply, although she regretted doing so for somebody who did not even care about how she felt. Too bad.

A/n: Extremely sorry for this chapter. I know it's not satisfactory at all. However, let me know what you think in the comments and do vote! And as I mentioned earlier, give me some suggestions in the comment section below about how the story should proceed. I'm probably having the biggest writer's block ever. Will be waiting! ❤️