1

"Kate go to your room right now" my step mom Lori yelled at me "Im 18 I can do as I please" I cried. I felt carl hug me I just let my arm hang loosely around him.

We found out that my dad was in a Coma from getting shot earlier to day. Lori would not take me to the hospital so that why we were fighting.

I heard the door bell and it was shane I knew something was going on with her and shane but I could not put my finger on it.

Me and carl went to my room and I broke down in tears. Carl just rubbed my back. I hugged him I treated his as my own blood but Lori was a different story.

Lori busted in my room "carl get out of here now" she said sternly "no" he said bluntly "don't you tell me no" she said more angery "no im comforting MY sister mom" he cried she just slammed the door and left.

"Thank you carl" I said "why do you and mom fight?" He asked me " well she isn't my mom and I don't really like her" he just nodded.

●next day●

I woke up and carl and Lori were gone so I had to walk to school. Just great, I didn't want to put effort in my outfit because of everything. I just pUT on sweatpants a over sized t shirt and some nikes.

《《After school》》

I walked out of my school and saw lori's car but kept on walking past her to the hospital. "Get in this car young lady" Lori shouted. I just ignored her and kept on walking.

She just sped off I saw carl wave at me I waved back.

I was in the hospital in my dad's room. He was really pale I started to cry.

♤2 hour later♤

I heard foot steps come into the room but didn't bother looking put. I held my dad's hand, it feeling cold as ice.
"Miss you have to go now" a cheery voice said. I just got my bag and looked down and left.

I exited the hospital and Lori's car was there I didn't feel like walking home so I just got in and sat by carl.

I put my seatbelt on and Lori drove off. Carl hugged me but I was limp in his arms.

Lori looked back at me when we were at a red light she just gave me a weak smile and looked straight ahead again.

Carl fell asleep on my lap on the way home I smiled and played with his hair, it was starting to get long.

"Were home" Lori said I woke carl up and we got out cold air hitting us. We got in the house Lori didn't bother with me so I left to my room.