He is so incredibly pretty in his sadness

When Castiel wakes up his head is foggy, the same way it usually is after a nap. He has no idea where he is and is in an unfamiliar t-shirt but before any of that can properly panic him his brain is already catching him up on the days events.

After they sorted the problem with his nose, things got pretty quiet. Castiel sipped a glass of water while Dean drank two cups of coffee and tapped away at his cell phone. The silence had been a welcomed thing to Castiel as his head was still thumping slightly, though the Tylenol Dean had given him had helped significantly.

He had been wondering if he should ask for some Advil to take when Dean had asked for his shirt. He planned on trying to get the blood off of it. Castiel was sure it would not come out, the white stained through thoroughly, but he let Dean try anyway and asked him for a shirt to wear in return.

The blond left to get one and, upon returning, handed him a large Metallica t-shirt. It was worn, a faded black from years of use but mostly it just looked loved. He swapped shirts in the living room while Dean waited in the kitchen and sat back at the table when the blond wandered off to do whatever he needed to with the bloodied clothing.

When he came back he pried some real answers out of Castiel regarding what Crowley had actually done to his face at lunch and how often he went out of his way to do these awful things to him.

Explaining how Crowley technically hadn't actually physically harmed him before this was not an easy thing to do. Dean was adamant that whether Cas got cut up for breaking his own fall or for something else, he would not be needing to catch himself at all if Crowley just left him alone in the first place.

This was true. Castiel was not a clumsy person. He did not tend to trip up all that much without intervention. In the end Castiel dismissed the entire conversation, not wanting to talk about it anymore.

Dean suggested they watch a film to kill time before picking up their siblings, though it felt more like trying to uplift the somber mood that had settled at the kitchen table with them, and Castiel agreed.

Unfortunately with painkillers in his system and the heating turned up to a cozy temperature his eyes steadily got heavier and heavier.

Castiel eventually gave up the fight to keep them open.

That is how he ended up on the comfiest couch he has ever slept on, the material of it soft and inviting, the throw pillows plump and just the right size to squeeze into the crook of your neck for maximum support.

The room is cast in a low light, warm and golden from two tall slender lamps in opposite corners of the room. All of the furniture is a deep brown shade of wood, bar the couch that is a crushed velvet sort of material. The room has accent colours of creams and light blues throughout that give the place a bit of personality.

It was very homely.

It felt safe and comfortable and nothing like the place he actually lived in. The two houses were worlds apart. Castiel's spotless, ikea show room of a house, that his mother prided herself on so much, would probably never feel this lived in.

His mouth felt dry as he sat up and his headache was slowly coming back but there was a glass of water and some more pain medication on the coffee table. He can only assume Dean had left it for him.

Judging by the pills on the table, Castiel knew he had been asleep for a lot longer than he wanted to be. You were supposed to space them out by four hours which meant if he was able to take more then it was definitely passed time to pick the boys up from school.