Missy

Rosemary knows I'm deft so at lunch she texts me and I talk to her. She knew all about the girl, and apparently it was Missy. Rose said I shouldn't mess or else i may get in a lot of trouble, especially if I can't hear what she's saying.

At the end of the day Jackson had football practice, and I walked home and did homework. I'm probably failing my classes because I can't hear or understand the teachers. But fuck it, I mean it will be over soon.

I walk into the Cafe and sit down with the manager and talk. I don't tell him a about my "condition", but maybe he'll take a hint. Whew I got hired, I have to work for the rest of the night. A boy I recognize from school walks into the cafe with an all to familiar girl, Missy. I sigh as I go wait on their table, as I reach the oak wood seat, Missy pushes it out, whacking me in the leg. "Jeez Missy calm down, what did she ever do to you..." Missy just stares at him coldly as I take they're order and go back to the kitchen to pick it up. I quickly drop the order at the table and walk home. I had realized I missed curfew and I tried to tiptoe upstairs, but right as I stepped in the door Jackson turned around and looked at me. "Please don't tell" I whisper. Jackson motions me to follow him and we go into a hidden room. "What's the deal?" He asks, It is dark and I can't see his lips, I know he is saying something I just don't know what. "Hm?", he turns on a light and repeats his question. "Why would you care?" I respond trying to sound tough. "Because I know what you're going through, everyone has a story to tell". I sit with my back pressed against the wall, uncomfortably close to Jackson. I sigh, "Jackson, I'm deft, I can't hear a thing you're saying..." "what why didn't you tell mom this?!" "I don't want to cause any trouble, now, let me tell my story."