It should've been me...

The alarms began to blare as Derek and Cora look over to the giant, rusty door.

"What's that?" demands Cora.

"Trouble," Derek huffs out.

The loft door is yanked open by none other than Ennis, who crouches slightly and growls in warning with simultaneously flicking out his claws. Cora bares her teeth threateningly and charges at the intruder while Derek screams out, "Wait wait wait!" but Cora doesn't listen. Ennis captured her throat in a tight grip and lifted her small body off the concrete ground only to slam her back first into it. A breath of air escapes her lips as she looks up with fear in her eyes but determination on her face. Derek, well, he just looks concerned and highly pissed off.

"Ready for a rematch?" Ennis growled as Kali appeared in the doorway.

Kali was already shifted, red eyes glaring holes at Derek mischievously and claws looking sharper than ever. She growled and he sprinted at her with murderous intent resulting in a fist fight or well claw fight one might say. She roundhouse kicked him but he caught her foot and flipped her over only for her to land almost gracefully on her feet, no less expected for an alpha. Derek roared in anger but Kali ignored him and hoped up to grab a metal, rusted pipe and broke it off.

Stiles approached the door cheerfully holding bags of curly fries for him and chocolate chips cookies for his der-bear. No matter what Derek tells everyone Stiles still knows he is a secret sweet lover and all around softie.

"Hey Der I brought the snacks for our movie night..," Stiles never finished his sentence as he dropped the while plastic bags on the ground making a soft thump. Kali was swirling the bar over her head and Stiles's heart stopped, this was his worst nightmare. Derek couldn't die, not after everything they have been through, he deserved a better life he deserved to keep living. Stiles rushed forward as fast as his skinny little human legs would carry him as Kali got a blow to Derek's face and while he was distracted by the pain she hit his back making him fall on his hands and knees. Kali reared back the now blood stained pipe in intent to pierce Derek through the chest but Stiles managed to shove Derek over with all the strength he could muster, because damn son Derek is an Alpha let alone a werewolf, resulting in the pipe going through stiles instead.

Derek lifted his eyes and saw the rusted old metal piece puncture Stiles's back and exit through his chest as blood ran down the length of the pole. Stiles started coughing blood and Kali released her grip and swiftly left now in fear while Ennis removed his clawed hand from Cora's red neck and rushed after her. Cora, having witnessed the whole thing, remained in the ground only propering herself up as she stared at Stiles in disbelief. Stiles, this amazing little human who wormed his way into her brothers once cold and lonely heart, is now standing there with a bar through his chest. She never believed she would grow attached to this annoying nerd, but he was family at this point and she was losing her family again.

"D-Der..," Stiles choked out through the blood in his mouth.

Stiles started to slide down the pipe and he cried out in pain as Derek rushed over to grab him and keep him steady. Derek went to grab the pipe but then he thought better, if he pulls out the pipe the faster Stiles will lose blood meaning he will die quicker.

"Cora call 911 now!," Derek growled out and Cora scrambled up to grab the phone, "Don't worry Sty, everything is going to be okay baby. Just wait," Derek's words wavered towards the end due to the tears now streaming down his face.

"When you get better we will have a superhero marathon of those movies you love. What is it, Marvel? DC? And I'll cuddle you until you get better," Derek stammered out nervously.