Chapter 2

Chapter 2

           We were all sat around the table at school with Logan and some cheerleader beside me. This table was occupied by the 'populars'. Although I wasn't popular, I just got in this group because I get along with the jocks but not so much with the cheerleaders. They have tried their best to talk with me and believe me, I did too. But I don't think talking about what the difference between cotton candy pink and baby pink is in the list of my things to do before I die.

         "So Vans," I snap my head up to the sound of Aaron's voice. His hair was gelled up today than those times he just let it down. He has that babyish face but at the same time matured— if that even made sense. "As you see, the Winter Ball is coming really soon. I was hoping that maybe you would go with me." Everybody at the table closed their mouths after that, eavesdropping in our little conversation. Although most of them were pretending not to, it was obvious by the fact that their elbows was leaned a little closer to us than before—heck even the table near us were listening in. I couldn’t blame them though, one of the most popular jocks were asking a tomboy out to the dance. Ooh big shocker there.

          I chewed on my food slowly and looked at him in disbelief. "Aaron, the Winter Ball is one month away." I said incredulously. I didn't actually think that someone will actually ask me to go with them. So imagine my shock when an actual boy asks me. I guess this is a first. I guess I was asked in a few dates before, by I rejected them and now mostly every guy is scared to come up to me in fear of rejection. That was good. I wasn’t really interested in dating or ever for that matter.

          "I know, it's just so I'll be the first. I am the first, aren’t I?" I took a bite out of my hamburger. Due to my inability to speak, I just nodded my head. He lets out a sigh of relief. "Phew. I wanted to be the first because I know there are many guys who are planning on asking you. So will you go wi--"

          "No," I said plainly after I finished swallowing my hamburger. I was not interested in this kind of things. I looked up at him and see a hint of hurt in his expression. I sighed, feeling kind of bad that I rejected him in public and so bluntly. Well, that was kinda his fault though, if he just didn’t ask me here. "If it makes you feel better I won't go with anybody."

           "You aren't?" I was startled to hear the voice come from across me. 

           I looked at Chase and nodded, surprised that he was even talking to me. "Yeah, that's because I'm not planning to go." Then I smirked and decided to tease him. "Why? Do you want me there?"

           He widened his eyes slightly then shook it off. He scoffed. "Of course not. But if you do go, I pity whoever is going to the dance with you since we will all be hearing the guy's screams because you repeatedly stepped on his feet more than three times that night." I scowled at him. I knew I wasn't the best dancer but I could always learn. "Oh and the whole school won't even have the chance to eat because you will be raiding the whole food once you get to the ball so all in all, no, I don't want you to come."

          "You're such an asshole." I glared at him. I mean he just indirectly called me fat. He smirked at me when he realized he won. It would be so much easier to hate him if he wasn't that good looking. I have to give it to him though. I blame it on the eyes, definitely those green eyes. Don't get me started on his arms though, I could see them biceps clearly bulging from the shirt he was wearing, and that fine strong jaw...wait, what? 

           Snap out of it Vans!

          "Alright, if that's what you want." Aaron said, his voice barely audible. I swiveled my head. I totally forgotten he was there. Great, now he's making me feel guilty. I picked on my food, trying to avoid the awkward silence that has come after that.