(15) Locket

*Aleks*
  It had been 2 days since we got back from our camping trip, and my soreness was gone. I looked over at James. Of course, we had already gotten into a fight about something stupid. He leaned against the arm rest of the couch and huffed, staring at the TV. I knew he wasn't watching it, really, though. I crossed my arms over my chest and huffed back, and looked away. James got up from his spot on the couch and stood in front of me. I looked up at him innocently. "Aleks, I'm sick of your bullshit!" He shouted loudly. I stood up too, not matching his height, but his anger.

  "I didn't even do anything wrong, man!!" I yelled back. "You won't even tell me a legitimate reason to why you are pissed at me!!"

  "Aleks, I know you took it. Nobody else is here! And nobody else knows where it is!!" James hollered.

  "What the fuck are you even talking about, James!?"

  "Th-The fucking locket I keep in my night stand!!" James blushed. Locket...?

  "What fucking locket?!"

  "My locket! The one with the picture of... M-my dad in it," James' voice died down. I stood frozen in my spot.

  "You-Your dad?" I stuttered. I remember when James told me about his father. It was about a year after I became a Creature, and I was sitting at James' computer, trying to find a file he had downloaded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "Did you find it yet?" James leaned on the back of the chair.

  "No, not yet," I clicked on another folder. A folder inside of this folder was simply named "Father".

  "No! Don't click on tha-" I had already clicked. Pictures of a man who looked identical to James popped up. He wore a policemen suit in most of the pictures. The very last picture in the folder was of the man, in his suit, staring upwards, an American flag pinned behind him. At the bottom of the photograph, the words "James Wilson Sr. 1972-2008". I looked back at James. He had tears brimming his eyes, and he shook his head quickly, and began yelling at me. "What the fuck, Aleks! I told you not to click that, douche dick!!" I closed it as fast as possible.

  "James, calm down, it's okay-"

  "No, it's not!" A single tear slid down his cheek.

  "James," I spun the chair to face him. "Shut up. Stop acting like a little bitch and fucking tell me." James shot me a death glare. He then looked away.

  "My father was a cop. One day, he was shot and killed by a robber at a local 7-11. 6 shots were fired... 4 hit my father. Right shoulder, stomach, right forearm, and right leg. He bled out," James mumbled.

   "I'm sorry, James," I stood up and patted his shoulder, then pulled him into a hug. He hung limply in my hold, but soon began to hug me back. After about a minute I pulled away from our embrace. "Now, go clean up your face. You look like Jabba the Hutt dying." James sent a swift punch into my arm and exited the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "You took it! I know you fucking did, Aleks!" James shouted.

  "Why would I take that from you!? You're acting like a child," I hissed. He stumbled across a few words, and gave up. He fell onto the couch and ran his fingers through his hair.

  "Just tell me where you put it," James looked away from me.

  "I didn't put it anywhere," I was beginning to get aggravated. I sat down next to James and aet my hand on my forehead. "God, you're so fucking difficult sometimes, you know that?" I mummered. I glanced over at him. He had his head bowed, his elbows resting on his knees. I leaned towards him, and kissed his temple softly.  He took a quick look at me and then back down at the floor. "Let's look around. It couldn't have gotten too far..." I got up and headed upstairs. The first place I looked was in James nightstand. I opened the drawer, and inside was a framed photo of his father, a few folded letters, and a navy blue box. I picked up the box and opened it. The locket wasn't inside. I put the box back and shuffled under the folded letters.

  "It's not in there, I checked seven times," James huffed behind me. I pulled the locket out from under a letter and shot a look of anger at James. James face dropped. I smirked, and closed the drawer.

  "You 'checked seven times'..." I laid the smooth, silver locket in his palm. It was a large circle, a small latch kept the two parts together. Engraved on the front was a collection of swirls and vines, with the words "stay strong" written in cursive in the center. It was so beautiful. James stared at it, then looked up at me.

  "Th-thanks-"

  "So next time you decide to freak out on me about something you lost, how about you actually search instead of just looking for it once." James blushed, and looked away.

  "S-sorry, Aleks," James stuttered. I sighed. He looked back down at the locket, and lifted it over his head. The long chain slid over his head and rest on the back of his neck. He dropped the locket onto his chest, and I reached out and held the locket in my hand. I clicked the latch, and it popped open with a soft tick. A photo of Mr. Wilson and James was inside. James looked about 6, and was sitting on his father's shoulders, smiling big. James Sr. was looking up at James, a smile on his lips. It must've been 4th of July, because fireworks were displayed in the background. There was another picture slot, but it was empty. I smiled at the picture, and looked up at James. He was looking down at the locket too, and looked at me. I snapped it shut, and kissed him. He kissed me back, his scrumptious, orange-y taste filling my mouth. His kisses became quite rough, and I felt my heart pounding in my chest. He bit my bottom lip hard, and I squealed. He glided his tongue over the spot he bit. We fell backwards onto the bed and I giggled like a schoolgirl. I feel so... different... James pinned down my wrists to the bed with his hands. "Oh, Aleksandr...You taste mighty fine," James quoted, and gave a devilish grin.

  "Don't use '50 Shades of Grey' quotes on me, dipshit," I smirked. I felt my heart flutter at the sound of my full name. He crashed his lips with mine. I moaned softly, and he nibbled my lip. He moved from my lips to my neck, and began sucking on my sweet spot. I sucked in my breath and breathed out a low moan. His hands glided from my wrists down to my sides, and I rocked my hips against his. He groaned out in lust, and kissed me hard. I pulled away from our kiss, a thin string of salvia connected our lips. I wiped it away, and blushed in embarrassment. James licked his lips seductively, and sat up. I wrapped my arms around myself, and smiled. "I love you," I whispered.

  "I love you, too."

----------------------------

This chapter is important. Keep that in mind. I also wanted to explain the different spacers... because I'm scared people will get confused. Haha

(------------): author's note

(~~~~~~~~): memory/past

( ★。、:*:。.:*:・'゜☆): dream

I'm hoping you guys like the story so far. :]

love you all♡