Prologue

“Stop this war! Don’t do this anymore!” A man said lying on the road. He was lying there covered with blood. His head hit the ground hard caused it to keep bleeding and the land around his head was red with his blood. A little better than the first person, you could see someone sat next to the previous man. The second man didn’t say a word. He only faced the first man listening to his every word. The first man was dying anyway. If you were there, you could barely see the second man because the light was too dimmed. All you could see was his shadow and his back going up and down due to his uneven breathing. He might be crying soundlessly. How else could it mean? They were in the middle of their way and a mysterious truck hit the car from behind then left. Both of them got thrown by the accident because they were on such a fast speed. The fact that both of them were on the road of border lane in the middle of the night didn’t make things any better. The car looked terrible after the accident and it meant no transportation because nobody had driven there for awhile. They couldn’t walk either to their destination city or back to their hometown in their condition. Both of them had broken their limbs and it caused a single movement felt like hell’s pain. They were stuck in the middle and the first man was going to die. Why not call? Their belongings were in the car. It was far at the edge of the lane.

“Listen to your big brother.” The first man ordered bringing the second man back from his thoughts. “You’re the best person ever, Ryan. You shouldn’t be The Monster for Devil Calls to begin with…” The first man coughed his blood. “But past is past. Have a new life, Ryan.” He coughed again, and then held his little brother arm. “Promise me, you’ll do the right thing, Ryan. DO…the…right…thing…” and his grip loosened. One last breath and he died.

Meanwhile, someone from a gang called Rhodes Crew watched the siblings while hiding not far from the siblings. The watcher was on the phone. He reported the successes to his boss. It was one of their members that hit the siblings’ car. It wasn’t an accident. They had planned it since long ago. They knew the rumor about the enemy’s gang leader (the big brother) planned to retire and bring his trusted right hand (the little brother known as the monster) along. They wouldn’t let them slip away from their burning hatred. It was The Monster who began the war a few years ago. He killed many member of Rhodes Crew out of blue in the middle of the night declaring he would rule the world and make other gangs become his dogs. And if The Monster thought he could get away from his big mistakes that easily, he couldn’t be more wrong. At least, Rhodes Crew wouldn’t let it happen.

“The leader’s death, Boss. His right hand or The Monster is suffering terribly. He’ll die soon.” Josh, a member of Rhodes Crew reported proudly.

“Don’t cheer yet. Don’t meet the monster. Even when he’s suffering, you’re still a small piece of cake for him. Remember back then? I thought we had finished him when our members told me that they had surrounded his place and had fired the place…” The boss reminded Josh.

“Yeah…they died that day. Nobody has ever survived after The Monster saw them. I know… I know…” Josh seemed to be tired listening to the boss warning.

“I’m dead serious. Keep hiding and wait for other members before approaching the monster. They’re on their way.” The boss hung on Josh.

“How polite.” Josh mocked before putting his phone back.

Josh watched them same scene again. The Monster didn’t move an inch from his place at all. He kept sitting next to his death brother mourning. All josh could really see was The Monster’ back went up and down showing uneven breathe. Josh rolled his eyes. Never thought The Monster would be such a crying baby.

After half an hour waiting and receiving no sign of the other members, Josh couldn’t take it anymore. The Monster kept crying soundlessly and it was boring. His curiosity took his obedience. He glanced at The Monster’s broken car. He only banned me about approaching The Monster, not The Monster’ car, he thought.

  After carefully sneaking his way towards the car, he finally was inside the car. He sighed gladly knowing he was safe. He looked around. He opened the glove box and something interesting was there. There was nothing, but a plain brown wallet. He looked inside the wallet and his eyes went wide looking at the id card. He rang the boss right away.

“Boss, there’s something unexpected that you should know…!!!”

The door next to the driver seat was opened. Josh looked above seeing the monster’s hidden face under the effect of dimmed street light and was drown under the monster shadow. The monster was pointing a gun on his forehead. He gulped. His face went pale. Cold sweat covered his skin. He was trembling. Everything was fast. “SHIT! THE MONSTER IS…” Josh tried to tell, but… Bang! The trigger was pulled before his important message was told.