The first sign

"These words were spoken from a different tongue. Lies that seep beneath this foreign ground I stand upon in fear. Fear that this may not be the last time I see its face. A glimpse of such a peril I thought I could not bear seeing again," she read with quaking lips as if they were about to fall off her face. Walking delicately as if she could fall so easily on her face Jacqueline finally reached the bathroom door and held on to the door knob so tightly as if it could just slip away as her life had right before her pale blue eyes. Those eyes were the first things that drew Daniel towards her something drew him to her and told him that she had felt alone in that glorious house on the hilltop that everyone marveled about. A sad girl, she looked to be in contrast to that beautiful Pines Ville home. "Supper is ready!" she heard Priscilla yell from the brick stoned kitchen. Without a reply she quickly slipped on her shoes and went done stairs as her every step went echoing in the candle lit hails.

"Finally your down, I see you've decided to put on your slippers today," a pleased Priscilla noticed, "so who did you invite for dinner tonight." "No one," a sharp answer came from the old woman as she took a sip of her rum. "Now, what about prayer!?" said Priscilla without hesitation. "Oh, the Lord has blessed me enough old girl", she insisted drearily.

"Well apparently not enough as your dinner guests always seem to lose their invitations."

"I promise I will tonight before my dear head touches the pillow."

"Will do, will do."

There was a bang on the door just then. "Open up, it's your favourite cousin!". "It must be for you Priscilla" said a convinced Jacqueline. "Who is it?" Priscilla asked more interested that Jacquie. "It's Jameson!" a thick voice said. Jacqueline turned around sharply from her bar as she was on her third glass of rum now.

"How did you get this address?", she asked annoyed.

"From Emily, your sister, she's worried about you".

"Well if she were so worried why didn't she come look for me herself, did you bring her eyes with you?"

"We just wanted to know if you were okay, ever since the incident , we never saw you again, please just let me in... and plus it's cold out here" he said convincingly.

(I don't know what he's doing here, after all these messed up years of being locked in because of how you looked). She slowly went to the wooden door and unlocked the five latches on the door.

"I see you've done well for yourself", he said trying hard not to stare at her face too much.

"Well where's my gift! After not seeing me for so long there must be some sort of compensation."

He searched around in his old frizzy khaki pants for something she knew wasn't there. "Oh sorry I forgot, although believe it or not I did find something splendid for you."

"Really, what was of it?" she asked thinking surely that he was lying as he always did.

He thought for a while with his eyes sweeping the walls crowded with fine art. "A pink Sapphire, one of the finest I was told, I had bought it for fifty gold plates." He finally said.

"Well what a shame my eyes might never grace the beauty of such a jewel especially with its rarity these God damned days." She said knowing that she could more than afford it.

"Wake up Robyn!!, Justin Bieber's not going to be in a relationship forever". "Stupid alarm, Selena is just too perfect". She said pulling the pink silk sheets over her head.

"Okay ladies now let's get in formation", cried a terrifying voice. "Mom you sound nothing next to Beyonce!" Rob admitted. She finally rolled out of bed into her bed slippers and down stairs where she was greeted by five other sociopaths. Chloe, a fifteen year old, cheerleader who dates one of the hottest guys in school, I mean what did she do to deserve such a life even though this chick was her little sister. Kyle, her big bro with talking skills and a guy who feeds off social media especially Beyonce and her smaller sister who is a mixture of her geekiness and her sister's attitude.

"Rob, today I'll be working the night shift so when you get home please ensure that the place is neat and tidy before your grandma gets here, okay", Marcia said with a caring look.

"Why do I have to do all these things why can't Kyle do it he's bigger?" Rob asked in fury.

   "Remember you're basically the mother when I'm away, okay?", she said as Rob smiled in agreement thought she still had some fire left roaring inside of her.

    It was already seven o'clock and Marcus was about to leave. The kids all told mother goodbye and went to be dropped off to school by their step-father whom they regarded as their real father. He was a cool guy who loved family time and with whom you could go to for anything.

   Robyn had theatre class that afternoon which she tended to love as she loved art but feared being upon stage.

     "And now we know what has become of it, the pink Sapphire you once wore so proudly around your neck..." she said calmly. "Stop!" she heard a sharp cry at the edge of the stage almost embarrassed she nervously turned around. "You people obviously don't know anything about acting", her drama teacher, Mr. Jones said, "Do you guys watch Game of Thrones, omg Jon Snow is just so hot, isn't he...", he realizes that he's straying from the topic. "Ah,um, anyway, off that topic, well you need to watch those remarkable shows to find out how to better portray your character, thank you, you may sit down now, you may take several seats."

   She sat down feeling a bit embarrassed in front of her crush, Jonathon (yes he has an old man's name but damn he fine). "Well that was a bit harsh", he said in a concerned tone, she seemed to be lost in his smile now. "Oh, yh, but I can deal with it I mean I do love me some Game of Thrones", she said feeling a little embarrassed, "Well good luck on your try." "He won't need your luck he already has me", came a sly answer from Rebecca, the school whore. "Leave her alone!", Jonny said impulsively, to Becca before being asked to go up on stage. She walks behind him, still having a clear view of Rob, giving her the cat eyes. 

     "Wah gwaan Robbie?", asked Kiesha. She was a Jamaican immigrant who had moved out here with here parents for years but still managed to keep the accent and Caribbean vibe alive in her style. "Don't let them girls get you done, man, one love", she said confidently yet with a bit of amusement. Robyn started laughing at her. "Let's go to Geo class, I miss Jonathon already, ever since his 18th birthday and he experienced his glow up, he's just not into us anymore", she said in anguish while walking down the halls filled with students trying to get to their next class. "Well if it weren't for him following around Becca's frock tail, I know he would've been here, but for you I guess it something man", Keisha said, looking at her in a teasing way, "Don't try to hide it I know you like the bwoy, I saw you looking at him earlier today with those heart eyes." "Well I guess so...", she admitted, turning away from Kiesha. "But if you really want him, like Rihanna said yo betta work."

    They entered the class and was welcomed with an awkward silence as Ryan stood up and solemnly asked Robyn, will you be my Valentine, as he smiled posing with roses in his hands, stretched out to her. She looked around the room, at all the faces that were in awe, while some remained unbothered. She stared around the room until her eyes met Jonathon who was smiling at her, she had become nervous, her hands started shaking. And before she could control it she...