Chapter Eight

Hailey and Harley sat on top of a car not looking very happy. 

"Well, so much for being saved by the Joker." Hailey said, putting an arm around her sister. just as she said that, The squad came up.

"Hi guys! We are here!" Hailey said stretching her arms up high.

"Glad you could make it." Deadshot said, giving them a pretty ticked off look. 

"Come on let's go." Hailey said and she came down from the car. Diablo put an arm around her but she took no notice of it. 

                                                                               *********

"What about you hot stuff." Harley said to Diablo.

"Water." He said.

"That's a good idea." She said.

"Ninja, you want something?" Harley said to Katana.

"Whiskey."She said. 

"What am I 12?" Deadshot said, and gave Harley his shot glass and she poured some more for him. 

"Here is to honor, among thieves."Deadshot said, raising his glass. He tried to clink it with Katana, but she simply said,

"I'm not a thieve."

"Oh! She's not a thieve." Deadshot said. 

"Well, we almost pulled it off." Deadshot said sighing.

"Despite what everybody thought." He said.

"We weren't paid to succeed, You know that right." Diablo said. 

"Yeah I know that, the worst part of it is that they are gonna blame us for the whole thing. And they can't have people knowing the truth. We are the patsies. The cover up, don't forget, we are the bad guys." Deadshot said.

"So are you gonna tell us now what your big deal with flag was?" Harley asked.

"Same thing Waller offered me to kill you two. Chance to be a father. Chance of a life outside the shadows. I trusted flag." He said.

"Flag had you chasing a carrot on a stick homie, You, you don't know that?!" Diablo said so loudly that Hailey jumped in surprise.

"I love this guy!" Hailey and Harley said at the same time, pointing to diablo.

"You played yourself!" He said to Deadshot again. 

"Bitch, I'm having a drink, I'm breathing fresh air, for two sweet seconds.I had hope." Deadshot said. 

"You had hope huh." Diablo said.