Chapter 1: 1940

Through the streets of Manhattan seem quite normal in the everyday routine with people walking down the streets, stores busy, and cars rushing through the roads. The cool, brisk wind of early Fall blow through the colorful leaves and even colder days coming closer to winter. Everything seemed to flow easily that day except it wasn't. Within the alleyways, a young woman was on the run. Her feet carry her as fast as they could with them being bare, a heavy bag filled with money and holding a small handgun hidden in her coat. Adrenaline filled her lungs to keep running from the men chasing her the alleyway, but she kept moving even if her back was aching or feet swell.

The next turn corner lead back to the streets of Brooklyn she hoped to hide and blend in the crowds. The woman looks behind her frantic as the voices come closer. She doesn't realize once she turns her head back, leaves start to blow in her face and hits a solid figure. Making her stumble a little bit from the impact mumbling a quick "I'm sorry" The woman's footwork made her stumble more out into the open street where upcoming traffic didn't notice her presence.

Everything seemed to slow down in time as the events began before her came into place; the bag of money dropped from her person, her gun slide across the road into the gutter, the lapels of her coat revealed the woman's swollen midsection, her arm reached out for someone to grab it as her hair blinded her vision. The last thing (or person) she finds before impact was a young man; tall, dark hair slicked back and eyes the most beautiful blue-grey you get lost in were filled fear and worry as he tried to pull you back to the safe streets... But it was too late.

The upcoming car tried to stop but already hit her from the side rolling her off and over the vehicle onto the street again. Everything stopped; people, cars, and the young woman. Glass was scattered around her still body and blood started to bleed from the scraps on her body. She starts to move slightly confirming her still alive, only slightly. Hearing the people shout and scream behind the white noise ringing in her ears as everything tried to back into conscious only made her head hit more than it already was. As the woman tries to least move then her midsection started to hit her again, making her groan in pain. Liquid began to run down between her legs

"Oh no" She realized what's going to happen

"Oh no" She realized what's going to happen. Another pain kicked her in her mid-section as the barely conscious girl tried to move. Out of nowhere at head, a face, a body, the man from before came into her vision. He looked out of breath and his beautiful baby blues were full of panic and worry as he stared at her. 

"MA'M ARE YOU OKAY?!?! ARE YOU ALIVE? YOU'RE GOING TO BE OKAY, DO YOU HEAR ME?!" 

The man held onto her hand and carefully placed the woman's head on his lap to keep glass from puncturing her skull. She clenched his hand and simply said, "Save my baby."