-:|A Deal Kept?|:-

Posted on: 10/03/17

A/N: Hi Guys! Exams have been keeping me busy with studies. But here's a quick update!

Please forgive any of the errors you find in this chapter and kindly inform me about them. My writing skills are getting rusty XD

"He is a man..

tainted by his pasts...

But I..I will put my faith..

...into him..blindly..."

~Sakura Haruno

Chapter: 11

"Be careful..okay?"

These are the only words that are resonating in Sai's head again and again as they are the last ones that he heard slipping off of those glossy, peach lips of a very beautiful blonde kunoichi. As every teams took their positions to guard the Hyuga Compounds, Darui ordered him to leave for the beginning of the first part of their plan— to reach the entrance/exit gates of Konoha and rendezvous with the ex-root members for back-up. And it is during this moment when he started leaving that she uttered those words anxiously. Because of the suddenness of her statement, he could not find the right response to give and so, he merely nodded his head towards her.

He sneakily walked down the path that lead to the huge gates of Konoha to avoid any suspicions in the eyes of the patrolling Uchiha sycophants, his mind still lingering on the fact that his blonde, female friend was actually worried about him. The mere thought made him feel shocked, anxious and..happy? Yes! It made him feel kinda..happy...And he realised just how much he wants to fulfil his promise of returning to her and see that satisfied smile on her face. He doesn't know why but he just wants to see her smiling..smiling at him...And he so badly wants to find out what these feelings are but sadly, now that Sakura is gone, no one is there to listen to his emotionally concerned dilemmas. No one..except for Ino that is. But he can't just go up to her and ask her about his feelings for her. That would be too awkward.

He shook his head to clear his thoughts and focus on the task at hand. Afterall, he has got a entire clan to save...

=======  

"Sakura has this boy forced you to do this?! Is he threatening you with some kind of information?!"

"Don't give me that bullshit about how much you used to love him! I know there's more to this abrupt decision."

"What makes you think she's yours?"

The raven-haired teen slammed a hand on the coffee table of his living room, clenching and unclenching his palm continuously. The action barely helped him in getting those accusing comments out of his head. He doesn't understand how everyone is able to guess that Sakura's marriage decision was made entirely because of him forcing it upon her shoulders. No one should think this way. They all must consider her nothing more than a lovesick-damsel who wants to be with him. Yet instead, they were all eyeing him with threatening glares, as if he doesn't deserve her.

He growled in irritation and rubbed his eyes with the pads of his palms. Taking another sip of the mildly-hot, black coffee, he stood-up from his comfortable perch on the couch and picked-up his white haori. Putting it back on, he stepped-out of his newly renovated Uchiha Manor and began walking towards the Hokage Tower. Afterall, he has got a deal to keep...