Christmas Eve

I keep walking.

A deep crunch behind me. I turn around, a dazzling light blinds me and just in time I can give way. The car disappears without a sound in the darkness.

My hearts beating fastly.

If I wouldn't be here alone I'd say that this was a close thing.

But I am alone.

The night is dark and cold, the night of the 24th of December 2016. I can see my breath, which flotes like fog in the air.

I keep walking.

I'm alones'on the street. The people in this neighbourhood  are sitting inside, maybe in front of a christmastree, talking and laughing with their families and friends.

I keep walking.

Later, I walk through a park. Here are no houses and no families sitting inside talking and laughing.

It's dark. It's dark because here are no streetlights but when I look up I suddenly can see the stars glowing in the nightsky like millions of fireflies.

I'm alone here. But not lonely anymore.

I sit down. The snow isn't white and sparkling like in a disney movie, it's grey and my trousers get wet, but it's snow. The naked Tree I'm leaning on is no christmas tree, but it's christmas and it's a tree.

I look up to the stars again and smile. This world is a strange place, a stupid place. I smile anew and then I close my eyes.

It's not cold anymore.