Crimson Shine- Ch. 1

DISCLAIMER: This story and its second half will cover RWBY Volume 3. There will be spoilers and there most likely will be feels.

The Four Kingdoms of Remnant: Vale, Atlas, Mistral and Vacuo, come together every two years for the Vytal Festival and Tournament, a celebration of peace between the Kingdoms and around the world. This year marked the 40th Vytal Festival to be held in Vale and there were plenty of people from the other Kingdoms already in Vale. You, as a student of Beacon Academy, were beyond excited when the news of the festival came. You had been training for the past semester and a half, alongside your best friend Jaune Arc and his team and the other friends you've made and the festival was not only a great chance to show off the skills you'd honed but it offered a brief escape from the world. The tournament was still a few weeks off but the Beacon Dance was coming up rather soon and plenty of students were already figuring out what to wear and who to go with.

Today, however, it was pretty clear that Beacon was still a Huntsman training academy from the clamor of weapons clashing and guns firing coming from the training arena. Plenty of students were inside sparring but you and your team were off in a separate corner training with Jaune and his team. Near the shooting ranges, your teammate Nicholas Frost and Ren were working on their accuracy while not too far away Nora was having a sparring match with your partner, a Fox Faunus named Carmen Rouge. Your other teammate, Daisy the Rabbit Faunus was having a more lighthearted match with Jaune while you sparred with Pyrrha Nikos. From what you've seen Pyrrha do on the battlefield, she's definitely earned her reputation as the strongest Huntress in your class. Still, that didn't stop you from giving her everything you've got.

Standing her ground, Pyrrha blocked with your shield just in time as three icicle spears crashed against it and shattered to pieces. Across the way, you stood in your battle pose with your Bladed Dust Projection Gauntlets, called Tooth & Nail, currently in their Control Mode as you clapped your hands together and tapped into your Earth Dust, coating your arms in a thick layer of stone. The two of you rushed towards each other and held the clash for a few seconds, sparks occasionally flying from the friction between your gauntlet and her shield.

"I thought I told you not to hold back Pyrrha." You said with a smile

"There's strength in discretion (y/n)." She replied as you noticed her spear hand was empty and glowing with a black aura

Looking behind you, you saw Pyrrha's spear come flying towards you encased in the aura of her Polarity semblance. Thinking quickly, you shot the earth covering of your gauntlets toward the spear to deflect it off-course long enough to get out of the way and convert Tooth & Nail into Weapon Mode and unlocked your blades. Concentrating for a few seconds, your (h/c) hair start to spike up and peak in two places on top, resembling a pair of wolf Faunus ears; your (e/c) eyes also turned a bright yellow as your Inner Beast Semblance fully kicked in. Pyrrha tried to use her Semblance again, and you saw Tooth & Nail glow with her Aura for a second but nothing happened.

"What..." Pyrrah uttered

"Right, because I'd use metal weapons against you without having them treated to not be magnetic. Same thing goes for the rest of my team. Now where were we?"

Rushing back in with more speed than before, you continued your offense against Pyrrha who kept up her defense. After blocking one punch, Pyrrha used the opportunity to push your arm down to try and knock you off-balance and gain some distance, which she used to toss her shield at you. Dodging the flying disk, Pyrrha suddenly went on the offensive and began slashing at you with her spear. Blades were swinging on both sides of your fight as you never let up and neither of you landed too many blows either. As the two of you cleared out again, you saw Pyrrha had a slight smile on her face. You wondered why for a second until...