I wonder

(Bold is joker's thoughts)
(This is Harleen's thoughts)

Its been about a month and a half and Harleen and the Joker have been talking about his reason for destroying Gotham. He escapes every once in a while and Batman brings him back bloody and bruised. Harleen doesn't really think that beating him half to death is helping.

"Harleen , you didn't show up to our date yesterday. I sat there for 5 hours waiting on you. Where were you?" Stevenson says as they go to Basement level 5. He was wearing an oversized plaid shirt underneath his open labcoat, freshly ironed slacks, dress shoes, and a tie that was poorly tied. "I was busy Stevenson. Now if you'll excuse me I have work to do." She says as she pushes past him into the Joker's room.

"You seem to be getting better but, I'm not sure." She says when he asked to walk around. He chuckled and layer his head back onto his pillow. She treats me like a sick child. I'm more than well enough to go outside. Well for now I'll let it slide. Hmm I wonder if I could turn her to my side of seeing things. Say, what a wonderful idea! It just might work. Now to put the plan in motion. "With you here doll, I think I will be alright. I just thought of some thing. Harleen Quinsell mixed together makes Harlequin. Isn't that neat. You know you are a pretty girl how come you don't go out?"he asks. "I beg your pardon? I do go out. And you have no right to ask me that." She responds angrily getting out of the chair and walking towards the door. "Come back I meant no harm I just wanted to know if that Steverson guy has your attention or can I have it." He tels her. She stops at the door and looks at him, all battered and bruised. "His name is Stevenson and he does not have my attention. Furthermore why would you want my attention or care who has it?" She asks in a hesitant voice. Gotcha. "Because I think a gorgeous woman should be treated like a queen. And you are a drop-dead gorgeous woman. Also I feel that if it were possible I could show you all the finer points in life." He replied in a determined voice. Omfg! He is so good with words. Snap out of it! He's a patient in my care and I'm acting like a blushing schoolgirl. "Good day, sir." She tells him after her 5 minute meltdown. As she walks out of the room he smiles. This will be easier than I thought.

"Harls, I don't see the point in worrying bout him. He is a big boy and he can handle himself." Selina Kyle, or Catwoman, tells Harleen. "She's right ya know, Harls. You work to much. You treat those crazies like children. You need to be careful." Poison Ivy adds on to Selina's statement.  They have been friends since way back before they could remember. Do I worry to much? Why does what happens to him affect me so much? Do I care for him more than I should? I wonder