Blood Exchange

Prologue

Emma’s diary December 12, 2011

I am not your typical eighteen year old girl. Well, I guess this is not entirely true. I do have friends, I am about to graduate high school and yes I have had boyfriends in the past. The only thing is I will only live at the most two more years. I will die young and there’s nothing humanly possible that I can do to stop it. So like most that see death coming near I have also been given the options of what to do with my time left. I have decided what not many would have. I will be happy to the fullest until my dying breath, and not take for granted one breath I am given. For in the face of death, even one second more seems like an eternity. I am here to tell you my greatest and final story. One that will hopefully be understood by the time I have died and this will be a keepsake to all those dear to me. Know I love you all.

I wrote this entry while tears were slipping down my face. Yes it was all true. I was writing one last tribute to all my loved ones for when I was gone. I never thought this would happen to me. I’m so young, how could I have been given this curse. I have a rare blood disease that as soon as it hits my brain will kill me instantly. I’m pretty screwed, there’s absolutely no cure to this date. I have also one more thing that has remained a secret to me and my aunt only, no one knows of my limited time left. It’s selfish of me really. I don’t want to be treated any differently. It’s really just me wanting to fade out slowly and hope I can leave with little damage done. You may ask how one could do that. I don’t know really, but I keep on doing it and find little comfort in stopping.