chapter 3

Chapter 3

School was back, our weekend was over and it was the day I hated like no other, Monday. I was still trying to figure out what had happened exactly at the mall and mason still was acting like it never happened. I’m guessing he’s embarrassed for his irrational behavior. I still don’t know why he acted like that. I still don’t know why I acted like that.

I walked into school that morning and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw who now was being given the locker next to mine. Sean Harris was standing right next to my locker next to the principle and all I heard was, “I’m sure you’ll like this school,” I felt like fainting. He came here? He got the locker next to mine? I had another chance? Then suddenly he turned and caught sight of me and looked away and before I could say anything to him he walked away. My heart sank. What have I done?

Sean’s p.o.v

Ever since I left the bookstore on Saturday I have felt like crap. I was so mad at mason and at her and I was having such strong emotions. When I saw her walk through those doors, I couldn’t help but stare at her. She was perfect. She was everything. She wasn’t mine. I had to do anything to get her. I knew what I had to do and even though it hurt me more then it probably would hurt her, I walked away when she tried to approach me.  I then waited for her in our same first period class. She walked in looking so sad. It hurt so bad to know I caused that pain but I had to do it for us. I wanted her so bad it hurt. So when a blond chick that thought she was hot stuff but really didn’t even compare to Emma started flirting with me, I flirted back.

Emma’s p.o.v

I couldn’t take my eyes off them. He had already moved on to another girl. Who was I to think I had been special in his eyes. Of course I wasn’t pretty enough for him, and that chance only came once. Besides, the hottest girl in school was hitting on him. I was so crushed. I felt a tear slip down my face and then that was it. I walked up to my teacher and asked if I could go in the library this period since I was ahead in my work anyway. Since all my teachers loved me, he agreed easily.

“Of course Emma, I honestly think you would do fine if you just showed up on test days anyway.” He said chuckling slightly and I smiled at him and gave him my thanks and walked out. Most girls would fight back if something like that happened to them but not me. I let it and I would never fight back. I would just be crushed until the day I could move on. I walked to the library and went to the back behind as many shelves as possible and burst into tears. I hadn’t cried so much since my parents died. Ever since that stupid boy came in my life merely three days ago, my life has been turned upside down. Damn him.

I sat there until I heard the bell ring and headed for my next class and to my utter disdain; Sean was in this one also. Ours eyes met for a second and he looked genuinely worried about me. Then his new girl entered the room and practically threw himself on him. Then she looked at me with the dirtiest look.

“He’s mine bitch, get your eyes off him, like he would want an ugly orphan like you anyway.” At that point I got up and turned to run but ran into someone. My best friend held his arms out to me. I ran in them and he whispered in my ear that it would be alright and he guided me back to my seat where I sat the whole time with my hood on and head hung low. I stole one glance at Sean and he looked miserable. I wonder why. Why would he even care about me? He’s the one that walked away, twice already in three days. When the class ended I practically ran out. Someone caught my wrist before I could go though, I looked into the eyes of Sean, looking even more heartbroken then I was.

“I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to… I didn’t want that to….I mean” I looked at him with as much hate as I could muster.

“I thought you were different, I thought you weren’t a freaking douche like all the others here but I was wrong your exactly like them. And she was right, I’m not pretty enough for you but you know what, at least when I do find someone it’ll be for actual love, not because I know I’m some hot model. You have only known me for three days and you’re already trying to hurt me. I get it, u don’t want me you want her. Well then go to her, run to her I don’t care just stay the hell away from me. I can’t believe I cried over you. I hate you so much it hurts.” I packed all the anger I could into that speech and then pulled away from him and hated myself now because he looked so torn down, So empty, so void. I wanted to hurt him during it but after I felt even worse.

Tears began pouring down my eyes and I turned to walk away like he had done to me but then thought better of it.

“I’m not going to stoop to your level and walk away like you do. So talk, tell me what you have to say before I walk away.” Truth be told, I was dying to try to make him feel better because I felt like such a bitch for tearing him apart like that. He looked at me and looked down not wanting to face my eyes.

“I was trying to make you jealous by flirting with her. I had no idea she was like that or she would say that to you. Truth is I don’t think she’s pretty at all; honestly you’re the only one that I find attractive here. Ever since I met you I have had strong feelings for you and don’t even know why. I’m so drawn t you but I get it if you don’t forgive me. I was a jerk but I’m sorry. Your right I did walk away, and I am sorry for that as well. I have treated you very very badly and I hope you’ll forgive me.” I couldn’t stand to see him look like that anymore so I said what I could.

“I’m drawn to you as well. But that doesn’t stop me from thinking you’re a total jerk right now.” I said but my voice was a whisper now and had lost all intended venom. He looked at me and smiled the saddest smile.

“I am a jerk; you really should stay away from me.” He said but didn’t walk away.

“OK if that’s what you really want.” As soon as the words left my mouth I turned but was blocked by him. I was mind boggled at how fast he could move but didn’t comment. He pulled my into his arms again and after some persuasion I held him back.   

“No that is definitely not what I want.” He whispered in my ear. I knew that this was a point of no return but I said it any way.

“How can I already feel love for someone I have only known for three days Sean?” expecting a flinch or something, I was surprised when he only answered back calmly.

“Because you’re my mate” Um Mate? Is that like French for friend or something, what is that supposed to mean. And why did he act so calmly about my love proclamation. What is up with this guy?

He held me for what seemed like forever and finally begrudgingly let go. I really didn’t feel like going back to class after that so I decided to do what I have never done before...ditch.

“Well see you around” I said and started heading for the parking lot to get my car and leave.

“Where are you going?” He said holding me back with his words. I smiled a smile that only I would know about.

“I’m ditching, is there a problem?” he looked at me curiously but gave me a much unexpected reply.

“Only if you plan on leaving me behind”, and as if on cue we both started walking for the door. All I knew is that I was so done with this school for today.