Chapter 2

Chapter 2

 (Sean’s p.o.v)

I knew instantly that this was the girl I was supposed to find. I saw her looking through books and looked so comfortable on a chair that looked as if it was sacred to her alone. I knew that I was supposed to be talking to her for a purpose, to get to know her and eventually earn her trust so that she would help my people. I almost felt guilty though that I was being put up to talking to her with another purpose in my mind. She was beautiful, long brown hair, bright green eyes that were so captivated on whatever she was reading and her outfit of jeans and a tee-shirt, which would usually be unattractive, ended up only making her more appealing to me. This was crazy, I didn’t know this girl and I was already experiencing these stupid weak emotions for her. I tried my best to put it out of my mind and remember my soul reason for being here. I went and sat down in the chair beside her and pretended to start reading. I felt a gaze boring through me and I turned to look into those captivating eyes that now had their attention on me. I wanted to grab her and hold her in my arms right then and there and never let go but soon came to my senses.

“Enjoying the view?” I said trying my best to keep a cocky grin on my face. She stumbled over her words and ended up talking to me about my book and eventually spilling out her disease to me. I already knew all about it but since seeing her and realizing that was her that had that was tearing me apart. I tried my best to keep my cool. I decided to ignore her comments and start hitting on her instead. When I did she looked shocked and hurtfully enough to me, sad. She said that she only had a couple years to live at the most and it was then I realized she was sad because she realized we could never really be together.  At this moment I did something totally stupid and I’ll probably live to regret it but I lifted her up from her seat and did hold her in my arms now. Her whole body stiffened when I held her but soon relaxed into me and rapped her arms around me to. As if on cue, another guy looking very possessive at the moment walked in looking at me as if I had murdered his best friend.

Emma

What the hell had just happened, one minute he was asking me out and the next we were wrapped in each other’s arms. Not that I minded at all, matter fact I could get used to the feel of his strong arms around me. Suddenly I felt two hands on me pulling me back from him. I regretfully let go to look at who was grabbing me. When I did I saw a very angry looking Mason.

“Who is this guy Emma, and why are his hands all over you?” I stared at him blankly, what was I supposed to say, I really didn’t have an answer for either. For that reason I was grateful that Sean decided to speak up at that moment.

“I’m Sean, who are you her boyfriend?” Did he sound jealous? I decided it was my turn to speak up now.

“Mason calm down, this is Sean a friend of mine, and Sean, this is mason, my best friend.” They both looked at each other and mason finally decided to let it go.

“Ok well let’s go Emma, we should get home.” He said, even I heard the tension in his voice and shifted uneasily.

Sean had a hurt look on his face. “You two live together?” I for one was tired of the awkward tension and burst out laughing.

“No, we don’t, he just calls it home sometimes because he’s always there. We are in no form of a romantic relationship, now or ever.” I said this very matter factly. While Sean looked relieved, mason looked beyond irritated. Realizing now would probably be the best time to exit I looked at both and starts talking nervously.

“Well this has been fun but it’s time for us to get going, I’ll see ya around Sean.” I stared at him one last time before turning around and starting to walk out begging this wasn’t the last time I would see him. Suddenly I was pulled back from a hand on my wrist.

“Emma, don’t go yet. Please I at least need to know I will see you again”, he said almost pleading with me; “Will you go out with me sometime?”

“I don’t know I don’t even really know you Sean.” Regretting every word as I said it, I tried to bight back tears I had no idea why we’re coming. Suddenly with a muffled whatever Sean turned and walked away. I momentarily hated myself for letting go of him. Why the hell did I do that? I somehow knew I would regret that for a long time to come.