It's a City, It's a Town

Well, don't they love yellow here, you thought to yourself.

You, as a smart person, don't tend to have unreasonable thoughts, this one being in no manner an exception. Every single building you've seen is yellow. You, as a smart person, have been walking for hours to find a place to sleep and a building that is not yellow, failing miserably in both aspects. You also have noticed that everything that is not yellow appears to be painted red.

You, as a smart person, formulated a plan, as any smart person would do. The plan was: one, going back to the main plaza, two, finding a bench or something of the sort to lie down, and three, cursing at the town and all its inhabitants that you don't care you haven't met you're still gonna curse at them until sleep came.

You, as a smart person, executed the first step of the plan handsomely, with no setbacks whatsoever. You congratulated yourself with a pat on the back.

Step two of the plan didn't go so smoothly. There were no benches in sight, nor new plazas in which to search for other benches. Now that you thought of it, you hadn't even seen a trashcan or anything of the sort while you were roaming about. Oh well.

Luckily, you had a contingency plan in case step two failed. Instead of lying on a bench, plan 2 consisted of lying down on the floor, your back to one of those freakishly small and yellow walls, and then, having step two of your original plan (sort of) completed, you quietly proceeded to try and sleep, step three of the plan.

You were falling asleep when you were suddenly awakened by a loud voice.

"I'm gonna make all these kids eat all this junk food," the voice said.

You opened your eyes.

Who was this man?

With his back to you, he continued muttering to himself, but in a much lower volume. Pale skin and dark hair lathered in what could only be insane amounts of hair gel stood out no less than the striped, purple, sort of but not quite suit he was wearing.

After watching him in astonishment for a while, you decided to stand up.

"Who are you?" you asked.

The man turned around. 'Utmost horror' would be a weak term to describe the look plastered across his face, but it stopped mattering soon, as it had quickly changed to mere disgust.

"Who are youuuuuuu?" He asked in turn.

You soon realized, looking at his extremely gelled, furrowed eyebrows, that you weren't getting any kind of information from the strange man if you didn't give him your own name first.

"I am... Y/N," you said wearily.

The man still looked at you with disgust.

"Why have I never seen you here?"

You were about to answer, but decided against it.

"That doesn't matter," you snapped. "You were talking about some kids and about giving them, what, junk food? Why? Why did you make it sound so evil? Mnehehehehe, junk food, mnehehe. Do you actually know the kids? I might call the cops on you, it's kind of creepy."

"I have never seen you before..." the man continued, apparently not having paid attention to you at all. "Let's see, Stephanie, Pixel, Trixie, Ziggy..." His voice gradually became lower and lower, fading to plain muttering once more.

"You're not any of them!" He said finally, as if the list of names he had just recited had been said loud enough for you to hear.

A surprisingly short list of names, you noticed. "Wait, were those the names of the people living here? How many are they?"

"Didn't I already tell you?"

"No, you muttered it to yourself. Tell me. How. Many."

He stopped for a second. "Nine."

Pause.

"Is this some kind of joke?"

The man raised his arms. "Why would I lie to you?"

Alright, then.

You whipped out your phone and started punching in some numbers. "Okay, Creep Man, I'm calling the cops."

Alas, destiny had two surprises in store for you.

Surprise one: your phone signal and battery were both extremely low.

Surprise two: Creep Man had pulled the phone directly out of your hands and had thrown it to the ground.

"Hey, my phone, you-"

"Shhhhhh!"

"No, I don't care that-"

"SHHHHHHHH!" Creep Man said as he repeatedly stepped on your only current connection to the exterior world, "You'll summon Sportacus!"

"And who the hell is Sportacus?"

"You don't know Sportacus?"

You didn't acknowledge this with an answer, instead deciding to wait for Creep Man to continue. You hoped that talking would at least make his stop stomping on your phone.

"All... blue? Comes to... Ugh... 'help'?" Creep man said, making very exaggerated quotation mark gestures at the word.

"A cop?"

Creep Man shrugged.

"Then well damn right let Sportacus come, you broke my phone and you were planning on doing something to some kids and seriously, you need some h-"

"SHHHHHHH!"

"-h-"

"SHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"-help," you finished, only slightly taken aback by Creep Man's frantic shushing.

He stared in terror at the sky.

Then he put a hand over your mouth and promptly carried you away.

Kicking and flailing, in the end you were not able to move his hand and scream.