Chapter 1 - Mistakes and Jealousy

A/N Hi!! Don't forget to fan, vote and comment!! Enjoy reading!!

Sky x

It was my fault. Everything was my fault.

Her death was my fault.

I can still see what was happening over and over in my head.

We were in the car seperated from our parents. The head of security, Mike, was seated in front beside the driver.

Vanessa and I were placed at the backseat as we drove over to our vacation house three towns over for our birthday party.

The both of us were turning twelve years old, being twins.

The sleek, black car in front of us had our parents, the president of the United States and the first lady inside and three bodyguards. There was another car behind us.

"I can't wait to open our presents, Em! It's going to be so much fun!" Vanessa squealed, clapping her hands with a huge grin on her face.

"I'm sure there will be plenty," Mike smiled from the passenger seat.

I couldn't contain my excitement

either. Not about the presents, but because I was going to see Liam, my best friend whom I haven't seen for a week because his family went to Hawaii. And now he's back for our birthday.

"Are you okay, Em?" Vanessa inquired, looking at me with a frown.

I nodded. "Never been better."

She smiled back. "Oh, I know why. We're going to see Liam!"

I couldn't help it, I grew slightly annoyed. Liam and I were best friends, and Vanessa always tried to butt in. Yeah, it's fine if the three of us were friends, but lately it's always Vanessa whom Liam talks to.

Of course. Perfect Vanessa. She's blonde, she's got blue eyes. Who wouldn't fall in love with her at first glance? Me? I was nothing but plain. Yes, I also had blonde hair but instead of having golden locks like hers, mine was boring and straight.

I knew that between the two of us, Vanessa will always be the favorite.

My smile quickly dropped and I looked out the window.

"Now I can't wait to see him! He's going to be the best birthday present ever. Do you believe that he came back here for our birthday? He's like the best friend ever. Don't you agree, Em?"

I knew she wasn't doing it on purpose, but she was really starting to annoy me. "Yeah, sure."

"You don't seem too excited about it," she said.

"Well, I am, okay?" I rolled my eyes.

Mike and Vanessa both perfectly knew I wasn't.

"What's your problem lately?" Vanessa demanded, glaring at me.

Whoa, a sudden one-eighty in her attitude.

I back-tracked. I didn't want to fight on our birthday.

"It's nothing. I'm just feeling-"

"No, I know it's something. You've always been so mean to me. What did I ever do to you?"

"Drop it, Vanessa," I said through gritted teeth.

"Is it because of Liam?"

Yes.

Before I had the chance to tell her to shut up, Mike interrupted. He said, "Girls, your father is on the line."

We stared at each other for a few seconds before I reached over the intercom button. "Yes, daddy?"

"Hello, girls. We're still a half hour away," our dad said.

"Good, we'll have enough time to settle Emily's problem with me," my twin said.

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Are you two fighting, again?" Dad sighed. "Emily, apologize to Vanessa."

"What?" I exclaimed. "I wasn't even doing anything to her!"

"That's not true and you know it," she answered back.

I balled my hands into fists.

"Emily, just apologize-" my dad started, but I cut him off.

"Why do I have to apologize? Why do you always say, 'Emily, apologize to Vanessa,' when we fight even though you've never heard of the story? You always think it's my fault, dad. What, is perfect Vanessa not capable of making mistakes?"

He heaved another sigh. "I don't need any of this. It's your birthday and you two are fighting?"

"It's not my fault!" Vanessa shouted.

"You know what, why don't you just blame everything on me? That's what's everyone is always doing, right? Emily this, Emily that. You're always right, Vanessa! And I hate it! I hate that you're mom's and dad's favorite, I hate that Liam is in love with you, and I hate that you get more presents than me every year!"

My dad tried to cut in. "Emily, enough-"

"No, dad. You need to hear this, beause I'm tired of being second to you," I hissed to her. "I'm tired of being behind your spotlight. And I'm especially tired that you're perfect and I'm always the failure in everyone's eyes!"

I could tell she was shocked. "Em, that's not-"

"What? True? It is, and you know it. I hate it. I hate you."

It all happened too fast.

The next thing I know, we were in ech other's throats, pulling each other's hair. I couldn't hear what my dad was shouting over the intercom, nor did I feel Mike's attempts to stop us by pulling us away from each other.

But it was my turn. This was payback for everything she has ever done to me.

I pushed Mike away and his head hit something so hard, but we didn't stop.

We rolled around, throwing punches and slaps.

And then what happened next was so surreal.

The driver turned his back on the road, and then suddenly our bodies slammed forward and I knew we hit something because the entire carflipped around.

"Get out! Get out of the car!" Mike yelled.

I wanted to scream but nothing came out as I tried to kick open the door. Vanessa and I were both struggling for air.

Come on, I pleaded silently to the door, which didn't budge.

Vanessa got out first and pulled me out of the car. I cried when we finally did.

"Mike! And the driver! We can't leave them there!" I shouted.

"I'll go back, stay here," she said and turned around and started to go back to the crashed car.

"No! Vanessa, no!" I screamed and tried to run after her, but someone grabbed me by my waist.

A bodyguard. "Vanessa! I have to-"

I didn't get to finish my sentence, because right then and there, the car blew up.

And it was all my fault.

All I felt was numbness.

Numb and empty.

A/N

Fan, Vote, Comment!!

Twitter: lukelelee5SOS

Instagram: vanillanourry

Sky x