Chapter 2 - New Beginnings and New Identity

After the accident, the attacks followed.

With the whole world knowing that Vanessa Ashton was dead, apparently they made it an aim to make me a target.

Vanessa...she was dead. So was Mike. He wasn't only our bodyguard, but he was also a friend.

The driver...I didn't know him well, nor did I know his name, but it was my fault that he had to turn around because I pushed Mike away.

My parents could barely look at me. I guess I couldn't blame them.

I didn't cry at the funeral. Tears wouldn't be enough for them. For her.

Maybe if I had just been the one to come back for them. Maybe Vanessa would still be alive; because she deserved to live.

I didn't.

--

"You're sending me where, exactly?"

My father kept looking out the window with his hands behind his back. "Portshill. It's a small town, fairly good weather and you could go to school."

The idea didn't seem appealing to me. Basically because I had spent years of my life homeschooled, never going out. I guess those were the perks of being the president's daughter. Note the sarcasm.

"You will not be going as Emily Ashford," he continued. "But as Lily Asher. You will have Josh with you, as well as a team of the best bodyguards. You will limit your contact with people, and you will trust no one."

I knew better than to argue and complain.

I nodded obediently. "When?"

"Pack your bags," he said, never looking at me. "You will be leaving today."

--

My dad lied.

Apparently Portshill didn't have a 'fairly good weather' because it was freezing cold when Josh and I arrived at nine o'clock in the evening.

I wrapped my arms around myself as we got off the cab and faced my temporary 2 storey house. It was nothing special; though it was better than others in this village.

Josh and I lugged our suitcases up the stairs and entered our rooms without a word. We were both tired, we needed the rest, and knowing Josh, he would probably get started on the fake ID's, paperworks, and everything we need to have in order to keep our identities safe.

I headed straight for the bathroom and washed my face. I looked like I haven't slept in weeks, which was probably true, because everytime I did fall asleep, the nightmares would come.

Taking out my necessities, I held up the two bottles.

Brown, or red?

Red would most likely catch more attention, so I chose brown.

I would dye my hair brown, because Emily Ashford was blonde.

I was no longer Emily Ashford.

I was now Lily Asher.

A/N

Fan, Comment, Vote!!

Twitter: lukelelee5SOS

Instagram: vanillanourry

Sky x