Chapter 1- Alaska?!

Rosabella P.O.V.

I paced around my office, the sound of stilettos echoing against the polished hardwood floors.

"I could have sworn the fall clothing line didn't end until November 28th! You're going to have to ask Scott." I hung up before he could answer, flopping onto the pink desk chair. I opened up my phone to check the time and gasped, realizing I was going to have only half an hour to get ready for my date with my boyfriend, Vance.

I quickly drove to my typical New York condo, my long, jet black hair flowing in the convertible.

______

"Sorry I'm late!! Traffic," I apologized, sitting next to him.

"It's ok. Look, babe, I have something to tell you."

"Ok! Whatever it is, I'm open!" I answered cheerfully. I really loved Vance, and I knew he would do nothing to hurt me.

He stood up carefully.
"My work is making me move to Alaska." He looked down at me, no hurt or regret in his liquid topaz eyes. Stone cold.

"A-Alaska? Why did they choose Alaska?" I stuttered. Of all the places in the world, his boss chose Alaska??

"No, babe I chose. Alaska is my choice. They gave me two options. This, or France." Still nothing, I thought, no emotion.

"But you know I hate cold weather!! And it has been my dream to go to France, and now I have to move with you to the coldest place in the continental US." I complained

"Actually, I wasn't thinking you would come with me." He stroked my arm 'lovingly'. I jerked away from him.
"How could you do this! I thought you loved me!" I ran off into my car, speeding away. Tears streamed down my heavily make-upped face. I thought he was going to propose today! I hit my head against the steering wheel, wishing I was home.