Chapter 17

(Jane's P.O.V)

As we get back in my truck, both soaking wet from swimming, I just think bout my English assignment and how my life has changed because of it.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever anticipate that I would start falling in love with a marine, a very cute marine nonetheless.

Daniel drives us to the closest store. We both go in and buy clothes so that we can get out of our soaked one's. As soon as we buy them we go to the dressing rooms and get changed, putting our old clothing into the bag.

When I exit the room and start to exit the store, I see Daniel buying some blankets. I walk up to him, and when I stop next to him, he kisses my cheek.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask.

"Buying blankets." He says with a smile.

"Why?"

"Because you and I are going to watch the sunset at the water tonight."

I don't say anything, I just smile and hold his hand.

On the way back to the water, we stop and get some dinner, which is take out. Who doesn't love a good burger and fry's?

When we finally get to the water I turn to look at Daniel.

"I need to call my mom."

"Already did." He says.

"And what did you tell her?" I ask as we get comfortable on my truck bed.

"Just that the military needed your help for something that takes awhile and that you might not be home until tomorrow."

As I was about to say something, my cell phone rang. Speak of the devil, it's my mother.

I kiss him and tell him to give me a moment.

"Hey mom." I say.

"Hey daughter. Where are you?"

I look at Daniel and mouthed to him what I should say, and he just says make something up.

"I'm with Daniel."

"And where is he?" She asks.

"I can't tell you. What we are doing is classified." As soon as I say that, he whips around and looks at me with the look that says 'that's the best you could come up with?'

"Right he told me that you are doing some stuff the marines."

"Yup, hey mom I hate to do this, but I have deadline I got to meet for this. Can we talk tomorrow?"

"Yeah, don't overwork yourself. I love you."

"I won't. I love you too, goodnight." I say and hang up.

I turn around to find Daniel watching me, contently smiling. I smile back and hop up with him. He pulls me close next to him and we cuddle while watching the sun set.

"Nice save." He says.

I laugh and lightly elbow his side, "thanks."

We watch the sun set in silence, and honestly I cannot think of a more perfect moment in my life.

Hey y'all!!

Hope you loved this update.

Sorry for not updating sooner, I have the awful head cold that will not go away!!

Please tell me what you think of this chapter!

Please Comment, Vote, & Share!!!

Lot's of Love!!