Chapter 6

Brandon stayed over for a bit telling me what I should wear to the party. He suggested my Grey Beanie, Black Leggings, Uggs, and my Sweater that hangs a little low on the front. A few mintutes later he told me he had to go to get ready. I changed into the outfit he picked out and put on some light make-up; mascara, eyeliner, and chapstick.

I grab the car keys and head out the door to Kathryn's house. I turn right and pull up her driveway; I can immediately hear the music blasting from her house. I walk in the door and see Brandon sitting at the bar so I walk up to him to try and make a conversation.

"Hey Brandon." I say as I sit down.

"Oh. Hey Julia. Um how's it going?" He stammers shoving a box into his pocket.

"What's in the box?" I ask.

"Nothing." he says, then walks away.

I get a drink and walk to the middle of the room looking for Kathryn. I spot her and Brandon talking in hushed whispers as he pulls out the box again. They must have seen me walking over because he put the box away, again.

"Hey. Julia can I talk to you?" He asks.

"Yea sure. What's up?" I say.

"In private." is all he says.

He leads me to the back room and sits on the bed waiting for me to shut the door.

"Okay so I know you've only been here for 6 months, but I really like you Julia. You're my best friend above all, but I really want us to be more. So if you don't mind me asking. Do you want to go out sometime? You don't have to." He explains.

He pulls out the box and opens it showing a necklace with a Peridot stone in the middle of it; my birth stone, he actually remembered. The only thing I can really think of is what I'm going to say. Brandon really went all out with this; the necklace and everything. He really does like me, but he still doesn't know the whole story. I don't want to tell him yes, just in case my dad shows up again, or for some strange reason I get sent back to live with them. I know what I'm going to do; I'm going to tell him about my life before this, everything, from the abuse to my ex boyfriend Chris. But first I have to give him an answer.

"Brandon. My answer to that is."

***Hope you guys liked it. So what do you think she'll say?? Comment, vote, etc.***